International DVR

I asked our guide provider, and they said they expect that they will have AU/NZ data in October.

We are still reaching out to other providers, but not much luck so far.

4 Likes

This is exciting! @tmm1 how does one get on the DVR beta to test it when it’s available for NZ? I would be more than happy to test it out :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Hi @tmm1, just a check in to see if there is any further updates for support in Nz?

1 Like

I will check with our provider to see if they are still on track for October.

1 Like

Bad news- our guide provider says their deadline for AU/NZ has slipped to Q2 2018 :cry:

We are still researching alternatives.

2 Likes

ah ok, thats a shame!
thanks for following up

Damn, only just found this thread and disappointed that it seems the DVR service won’t be coming to New Zealand any time soon. This month would have been a good one to have DVR available in NZ and Australia as the TiVo service closes down at the end of the month and lots of people searching for an alternative!

1 Like

spewing - I was so exciting as I was reading down the thread. Bring on AUS support :). Thanks

1 Like

Has anyone from Channels spoken to Freeview? (freeview.com.au) As I understand it their purpose is to make sure free to air keeps up and competes with all the streaming. Surely they have an API into their data for all the TV vendors?

Hope that helps.
Keefy

1 Like

Any news on DVR availability in the Netherlands?

+1 Australia. Have been using the Channels TVOS app - fantastic! downloaded the dvr service to my Linux server and subscribed assuming Oz worked. Oh. guess I’ll be unsubscribing for now…

2 Likes

We’re still looking into guide data providers. In order to evaluate them, I’m hoping some of you can provide a list of popular shows in Australia that you would be interested in recording (along with the channel they air on). That way I can check our guide data options to make sure those shows have good images, proper season/episode metadata and tags for when new episodes are airing.

3 Likes

Hi. Would this work for New Zealand? I’m happy to test?

We are currently in “Summer TV” which is not ratings season, so many big shows not on at this time of year. I have picked some Australian Productions as US/UK based productions generally shouldn’t have image issues. Some are mainstream, some are a bit eclectic.

Based on Victoria/Melbourne Channel Numbers.
If you want more of examples of US/UK programs, let me know.
Happy to help with any testing.

Channel Name  	SD #	     HD #	  Program Name

Ten	                10	     13	  The Project (News)
Ten	                10	     13	  KFC Big Bash League (Sport)
Nine	                9	     90	  Millionaire Hot Seat (Entertainment)
7Flix	                76	     N/A	  Travel Oz (Travel, Entertainment)
7mate	                73	     N/A	  Outback Truckers (Entertainment)
Seven	                7	     70	  Australian Open Tennis (Sport)
Eleven	                11	     N/A	  Neighbours (Entertainment)
SBS ViceLand	        32	     31	  RockWiz
SBS One	                3	     30	  Who do you think you are?
ABC News	                24	     N/A	  Summer Drum
Nine Life	        94	     N/A	  The Block
3 Likes

So is there any update on the Australian EPG issue and thus DVR rollout?

3 Likes

Hi Team,
Just wondering if you have any updates on bringing your DVR service to NZ, I really love your app and want a solution and I am prepared to pay for it anything will be cheaper than Sky TV NZ!
Cheers!

1 Like

A month and a bit later from the last post, any updates on AUS/NZ DVR service? I think there are a lot of us keen to hear any news!

2 Likes

Yes, looking forward to Australian DVR !!!

2 Likes

So I think there is going to be a flood of Australian current Windows media centre users to one of the following platforms

1. Channels DVR…when they have recording support for Australia
  2. Plex TV…when they have Grid style program guide support

Given Australians are early adopters and are happy to pay for the right service I think this is a race worth winning!!!

Cmon Channel Devs, whats the hold up CRIKEY!!

2 Likes