International DVR

So, I have a Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Connect network TV tuner connected to Synology NAS with Plex Media Server. I subscribe to IceTV Plex EPG feed for the tv guide. From the NAS, using Plex DVR I can either record or stream live oz TV to any Plex app, on any device, anywhere in the world. Rarely any problems, except for power outages but solved that with UPS.

I have the same tuners I think. I have 2 x dual tuners so 4 in all. One of the main things I do regularly is record the morning news and time shift to get through the adds. So I start watching before the recording has finished. Works about 1 in 3 times. Sometime it just goes live, sometimes it says there are no tuners available. I am keen to try Synology but a bit reluctant as I havent found the actual problem yet.

Do you time shift?
Gus

I suppose we can only blame the australian TV broadcasters for the lock down. I just subscribed for $80 since I thought channels DVR now supports australia only to find it still doesn't. mis-read the FAQs.

Will be asking for a refund.

Praying for DVR support in Australia soon. I would sign up about 10+ friends too.

@tmm1 Hi, any update on AU/NZ dvr support?

I do... and was trying to use the XML feed into PLEX, but would rather use channels DVR

I would use channels DVR with IceTV XMLTV guide if that was an option. Come on Channels ! Add Australia as a supported country and get access to another 25 million people !

We really do need Australian support, if the only limitation in using the IceTV XMLTV is that you require a certain aspect ration for artwork that no other DVR provider uses why don't you just adjust your program so it accepts the IceTV XMLTV artwork. It doesn't mater if it doesn't fit properly in your guide as it is only an image to provide some basic information. It is the underlying EPG data that is critical and IceTV XMLTV provides very high quality data

And Poland - I was beta tester of polish EPG back then. However our OTA is crap and will be until 2022 when EU forces us to introduce DVBT-2 which require rebuilding mux from scratch.
Unfortunately there is no TVE in Poland because apparently our developers are too dumb to code this

And I am pretty sure there is no copyright violations with using publicly available images. They are published with that in mind. Otherwise there would be no description of show or movies anywhere because always anyone could complain that some 3rd or 4th party rights are violated.
And keep In mind the images are not stored in the app itself. It is the user who download them and it is his responsibility.
Whenever you say something about “licences” it looks like cheap excuse Apple and big cable companies are using to justify doing nothing :frowning:

Maybe try to write own solution for fetching EPG guide and put into channels app itself. It looks like SQLite database.
I don’t know how expensive is to get the data tough

Any further updates for Australian EPG? Is there any feasibility in adding an option to use your own XML EPG service (such as IceTV)? I only ask this as this is what I’m using for Plex.

Australia is an ultimate beta testing country. I recall TiVo dropped epg support there without warning once :frowning: