iOS 12 and TVOS 12 image freeze

I know it’s only be hours since launch of the beta but on both platform once you watch the channels image is freeze. No playback. Any suggestion?

I found a temporary solution. Once the channel or recording start who is freeze, click the forward option and image will unfreeze

I can confirm the freeze too. Happens with both live tv and recordings.

I have just submitted logs.

tvOS 12 will not be supported until Beta 3 or later.

App is working fine except that small inconvinence. Why do you need to wait so long?

From prior experience we know that early betas are very buggy. We can spend hours trying to fix this issue, and it will turn out that the bug is in tvOS and will be magically fixed by itself by the time beta2 is released.

2 Likes

Confirmed freeze issue. To unfreeze, you can click the remote touch pad to play/pause or use the dedicated play/pause button.

DEVELOPER TVOS OTA UPDATES

FYI, to get tvOS OTA updates, install the tvOS_12_beta_Profile.mobileconfig file.

1. Download: https://developer.apple.com/download/
  2. Put on a HTTP web server
  3. Concatenate the server/file URL
  4. Copy the URL using macOS device (helps if you have Continuity enabled)
  5. Using Remote app on iOS device, Settings -> General -> Privacy -> Scroll to Share Apple TV Analytics -> Press Play/Pause Button -> Add Profile (Note: Must first delete previous tvOS profile and reboot) -> Paste URL (if Continuity enabled) or manually enter the URL -> Reboot

Note: If you want tvOS developer updates, make sure to disable Settings -> System -> Software Updates -> Get Beta Updates. If you only want public beta updates, enable setting.

Does the audio keep playing while the image is frozen?

no audio when picture is also frozen

It’s like one you switch the channels goes to pause mode. Clicking play starts streaming perfectly

Issue still present in tvOS and iOS 12.0b2

Confirmed. Still on the b2

Today App update fixed the issue on iOS and TvOS. Good Job!

1 Like

confirmed working on both iOS and tvOS 12.0b2

1 Like

I just installed ATV b2 this morning for the first time and updated to the latest Channels beta app and am still having this issue. I do not see this issue on iOS.

The latest version of Channels is 3.2 available via the App Store.

Delete the app and install again. Sometime the auto update feature on tvOS takes time to update apps. It likely you still have the old version

You should always switch to the release version after we release. We don’t keep them in sync and the release version is usually ahead of the beta somewhat.