iOS beta, recordings get into bad state, play fine on web app

For the second time, I’ve managed to get a recording into a state that won’t play [Im remote now] from the iOS app; but plays fine from the web app.

I’ve sent diagnostics.

Symptom: Press play to resume PBS Newshour. It never plays. The spinner spins forever.

How I got here.
Started playing Newshour from beginning—which was still recording. Hit +30 a couple of times. Never played. Hitting stop and trying again yields same issue, it never plays.

This may only be an issue when show is still recording.

1 Like

I tried again later and the recording now plays in the iOS app. It was after the recording had finished (but I’m not assuming that’s the reason. When I reported this issue, the recording would not play on both my iPhone and my iPad in the beta iOS app.

I had this same experience on iOS last night. Tried to watch the tonight show while it was recording. I was remote. It seemed that every time I pressed it , it got worse. Got out and tried again and couldn’t watch. I finally gave up and watched a completed recording. Then came back and watch the tonight show after recording a commercial skipping was complete and it was fine.

1 Like