iOS HDHR Favorites not syncing with DVR

I recently started reusing the built-in Favorites category again after learning that it provides additional functionality beyond simple grouping (it adds DVR recording priority). However the favorites I established via the web UI aren't consistently syncing across my iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS devices. I've tried blowing away the client installs to no avail.

I can't find a pattern but I can provide screenshots, starting with the web UI, which has the correct favorites selected. Also I'm using 2 HDHR tuners (a 4K & a QUATRO) and screenshots are provided for both to show the inconsistencies. I'm only showing a subset of channels but the problem exists across all channels, including SD.

In addition, favorites selected for streaming sources (Philo via TVE, Pluto, Plex) are syncing just fine. This seems to be isolated to the HDHR devices.

Server Version: 2023.08.18.2205

Client Version (all): 5.6.7

HDHR 4K:

HDHR QUATRO:

On Apple devices, favorites are only synced the first time the app connects to the DVR server. After that, favorites on your Apple device are local to that device itself.

If you want your favorites (or other groups of channels) to be kept in sync, what you want are Channel Collections, which are managed from the server.

Remove and re-install the cleint app, then it syncs. Have to do that every time to do a sync. Not a big deal, if you have server side settings setup.

To add to this if you remove a source from Server the Clients will still try to use them ... so you have to go around to each Android Client and clear all data or remove the device. Pain in the BUTT.

Yeah I don't plan on doing that with a house full of Apple devices. I went back to creating my own "Favorites" collection and disabled the built-in Favorites. I wish I didn't have to do that.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.