iOS Private Beta adds iPhone Support for DVR

Hey everyone, it’s here, the first beta for Channels DVR support on your iPhones!

Now you can manage your DVR from your iPhone as well as watch everything of course. This new iOS beta build also fixes some things on iPad too.

Please take it for a spin! Please report any bugs you’ve found by creating a new thread in the Channels DVR > Public Beta category.

Thanks!!

##Features
Everything that you know and love from Channels on Apple TV!

##Known issues

• DVR tab a little rough for now. Work is being done to smooth this out.
  • Can’t start a recording while watching a program.
  • Recording buttons on modal in iPad on landscape appear right justified.

##Beta Sign Up
You can sign up for the beta automatically by just clicking this link.

3 Likes

Looks great! Looks like the deleting recording bug is fixed! A few things I noticed, it has the “Up next in top shelf” option in the settings of the iPhone and iPad app. The guide loaded the extra DVR guide data (beyond the four hour limit) on my iPhone beta but it took a little while. Would be nice to have some kind of loading indicator to let me know it’s doing something. But the iPad didn’t load the extended guide data at all. Also saw a bug where I swipe back from a recently recorded view and it’s a blank screen instead of the main recordings view. Didn’t happen all the time but I definitely repeated it with different recordings.

Is this on iPhone or iPad? Very weird, I haven’t seen that and nothing immediately occurs to me exactly why this would happen.

Is this after tapping More and swiping back to the root Recordings view?

It’s on the iPad. And it’s not from the “more view” it’s if I select a show from the main root recording view. It will show all the recordings for that show. Then I swipe from the left side of the page to go back to the root recording view and it’s blank. The header and footer are visible though. I have to go to a different tab and then back to recordings to get my show thumbnails to come back.

And sorry didn’t see that I should have started a new thread for bug reporting!

Could you provide a screenshot of what you see when it loads wrong?

Sure I can this evening. Sorry forgot to mention I’m on the latest iOS 11 public beta on my iPad so that also might contribute.

So far so good! Nice to see this avail on iPhone.

How do I get added to the iOS Beta Group so I can report issues with iOS iPhone Beta? I have downloaded the app, but I don’t see the forum where I can post feedback.

create a new thread in the Channels DVR > Public Beta category.

1 Like

This is great! Having Channels DVR on my iPad and iPhone is wonderful. Everything is working great so far. Is there any plans to allow PiP on the iPad? And… to be able to view remotely from the iOS apps?

hi I am a paid dvr subscriber but it won’t let me sign up for the beta? I have TVOS one, could you please help