iPad No Longer Runs Channels

I am a Windows/Android person, but I do have an iPad that I use a few times a year while traveling.

In checking out the iPad/Channels connection today, I noticed Channels would start and the immediately exit. I deleted the program and tried to reinstall, and was told I needed IOS version 14. I then installed IOS v14.7, and reinstalled Channels.

Every time I try to run c Channels, it flashes on the screen to 2 seconds and then disappears.

I have a windows server with today's beta. What can I do?

What model iPad is it?

1 Like

iPad mini 4

This happened to my wife's iPad yesterday as well. Immediately after "preparing your tv" it would exit out. But I found I could click and hold the channels icon in the bottom tray, and I could select to go to the Guide or to On Now. When selecting either of those it would load properly and she could watch her shows. Not sure if that would work on your end as a workaround?

Please try this, as it will give the app the opportunity to send its crash reports and we can find them.

Click and hold does give me the menu, but selecting either one just does the same "preparing..." and exits.

Ok since it didnt work I'm not sure if it's the same issue then and I'm not trying to hijack your thread (but I submitted multiple crash reports just in case). Also found out even though the workaround loads the app for me and can watch live tv, clicking Library immediately crashes the app again so cant watch any recorded content

What version number is shown in Settings > Support > About

It sounds very much like the same problem, and I'm glad you joined in.

If you are asking me about the version number, I can never get as far as "Settings", but I did delete Channels and reinstalled today.

Fixed in latest release.