iPhone X

I see that the App Store entry for Channels say it is compatible with iPhone X. How does it handle the new resolution? Presumably you have tested it in an Xcode emulator? Mine should come in 2-3 weeks :slight_smile:

I’m working my butt off right now to ensure iPhone X compatibility. Out of the box it will work just fine, it’s just a matter of ensuring it doesn’t get clipped by the notch at the top. If you were to use what’s on the store right now, it would “work” just fine, it just wouldn’t be pretty.

We should be ready by next week. Worst case scenario is that some views might just be a little wonky until more work is done. But I’m pretty confident things will be fine once everyone gets their iPhone X.

1 Like

Looks great on iPhone X

1 Like

Thanks!!! It came down to the wire. :sweat_smile:

it does look fantastic on the X. i think my only reservation about the X in general thus far is how dang reluctant the phone is to go full screen for video!

i know it’s preserving aspect ratio of the programming but dang it, if i want elongated faces or cutoff foreheads then please, Apple, let me have it!!! lol

Yes looks great on the X. The Videos app will go fullscreen by double tapping - the notch cuts into the video but I really don’t mind it. Can Channels behave like this please?

Yeah I would love the double tap to full screen on the iPhone X too!

Also, with the new gestures on the iPhone X, it is really easy to accidentally swipe out of the app when flipping through the channels while watching video in the iOS app. Is there a way to make a different method of cycling through them like a up/down button on the side?

I’m using iPhone X and there are compatibility issues.

Go to your favourites and try to change order of channels.

Basically impossible due to 3D touch or whatever the hell apple calls it. Hold down to select and move, instead the watch now dialogue box comes up. Yes I have tried all of the areas of the square. Can’t even sort my channel list.

Works about 1 out of every 100 times.

I tried on my iPhone X and it seems to be okay. You can simply rest your finger on a channel until you feel the haptic response, then move it. Don’t try to press down on the screen at all.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. That resolved it.

1 Like

Live or recorded shows doesn’t play in full screen on iPhone X. Any plans to bring that feature?

Is there update on iPhoneX full screen?

There’s no plans to support zoomed/cropped video on the iPhone X screen at the moment.

I was coming to ask the same question