IPTV use to add Treehouse TV (Canada) and other channels from provider?

Pretty sure this is a long shot.....and if i recall TVE is only a USA based thing...

But, might it be possible to see if Treehouse TV has a online feed somewhere that woudl work with TVE in channels?
Its a Canada kids tv station.

Don't know if any of those providers support TVE at all. They have a mobile app with tv feed to.

Or if i have a IPTV URL...can i add it into Channels as a tuner source like i can with Emby?

I’m confused. I don’t see a live stream on their website.

Thats what i am asking. There is only a page of "Where to watch". somewhere in there one of those providers may have a online stream.
Also, the mobile app i am told has a stream, but i cant install it or use it, since i am not in Canada.

Where to watch means. Where you can sign up to access that channel and Channels can’t work through a cable companies website.

could be a hidden url stream maybe?
i know someone who says they stream it...but I don't know where or how.
could be they using a catv stream service, or one of those shady random tv channel stream sites that is pulling it from somones tuner...

but i thought it could not hurt to ask here, see if anyone know more about this channel or may know something about it that i dont.

after all, it was someone here who found the hidden and previously unknown url stream of A&E and a few other channels that had been not supported for ages.

1 Like

If you're going to request a channel be added to Channels for streaming, the very least you could do is include the URL where one can access the live stream.

If there's no place to navigate to in order to watch live, then it's pointless to ask.

It is not pointless to ask. you clearly didn't even bother to read what I had said now twice.

I can't provide a link since I don't have physical access. like I said pretty sure it's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to ask people that know how that all works and where to find such information. After all how many posts are there of people asking for a&e and the channels that go with it and all the responses have no is not possible then one person just pops in and says hey here I found this link and now everyone benefits from it.

Also... Even if someone provides a link to a TV stream doesn't mean that channels will add it case and point discovery family I can log in via Philo credentials or Comcast credentials in their GO app and watch live TV just fine. But how do I provide a URL link from a app you have to touch the icon on the phone to load. I don't recall ever getting a official answer other than we'll look into it. But on surface value Discovery family should be a channel they should easily be able to add. I guess someone just needs a tear apart or network capture the URL address that that app uses in order to add that channel because clearly it supports TVE login credentials...... But that is off topic for this thread.

1 Like

To provide context:

• Your current request for a new channel – You asked for it to be added, but know there is no live link on its website.
  • A+E Networks (A&E, History, Lifetime, FYI) – Originally, A+E Networks did not provide links to live streams on their websites, so it was impossible to add. When live links appeared on the website, the channels were added within a week.

And while in general, TV Everywhere as it is implemented in Channels is supported only in the US, some networks do offer TVE with Canadian cable credentials. (Bell was the first CA provider to offer access to networks via TVE.)

Your request for a channel without a live stream is the same as A+E Networks: Until you can provide a URL to access the live stream, it won't happen.

1 Like

And since I asked about it here someone that may eventually read this and know s where to find that link can certainly post it here to help That's why I was asking for anyone that has access to the app and the Canada networks that I wasn't sure if they had TVE or not.

TVE is only supported for channels which have a live player on their website, with a USA cable login feature to unlock the player.

Yea, i figured as much. but wanst sure and was mentioned that some CA have TVE.

Anyway, i know iptv is something different than TVE...but i found github site of "iptv-org/iptv" that has a load of urls that are .m3u. for hundreds of channels. Can any of those urls be used in channels to load a tv feed from there? For example, The Weather Channel is in the US url. there are direct links to each channel in the .m3u. a .m3u8, and in that is a url for each res and bitrate stream. None of these require any credentials to view.

I recall some talk on here of urls and .m3u. not sure if this is related or something very differnt.

Do you think getting 8000 channels free is legit?

When they are open source, been around for some time, and work fine. yes. seems legit to me. those channels they claim are freely available, at least the ones i have seen. they don't have many normal well known CATV station/network and no premium stations. infact, 98% of those channels i find are onse i never heard of or dont care about. But i see some of the free OTA stations on there that u can get free and legit with an antenna.

Ultimately, i can find several sites that are pay per month/year iptv stream sites, a few with over 800K channels or something they say, some even say they do offer all the CATV and premium channels....there directions all with poor English, and quite shaddy looking, with special apps and odd vpn requirements, those, i suspect are not legit services. not something i care to mess with.

First you brought up the weather channel. That’s not free. Second OTA from other areas in not legal. People uploading streams to share is not legal. I can’t image Channels wants to deal with 8000 channels

Says who? Of that were so, there wouldn't bee dozens of apps u can get free to stream a large bunch of this channels. And it certainly would not be on GitHub. It would have been DMCA and taken down. Never said channels could use all those..of course not. I ask if that is the kinda of URL link that you keep requesting for. As that is what I am finding. I see no reason why if I can use vlc to load some channel, then why can't that same thing work in channels. I only mention the weather channel cuz it's pretty much the only channel in there that I recognize aside from one or two hard to get OTA stations in my local area but those streams do not work properly. And I think channel supports weather channel if your cable login package has it. Weather channel is always been free to get for the longest time but then it got replaced with something called weather nation at least in my area which is a different channel altogether.

It's a simple question does IPTV links like that with the M3U files and such is that the kind of links that work with channels or does it have to be something completely different. Cuz you asked me to provide a link to the page that streams the video and I provided a link to a page that has direct links that directly streams video of x channel. Not the channels I'm looking for but I need to know if I'm on the right track or not.

Again the Weather channel requires a cable login and you want it free. Same with out of state locals. Don’t know why you are arguing. Channels is not going to add 8000 channels to TVE

Again, of cource not. not the question or request.

I was asked to provide a URL link when requesting a channel be added to Channels....ok, i have provided some, not the channel i was looking for, but i met your requirement of providing a link to the way to stream some channels feeds. And am asking of the devs, NOT U, if these iptv links are in some way compatible or possible to use. So, the only u are the one that is needlessly posting arguments. When a simple reply from the devs yes or now with a brief explanation as to why they cant use a link that to the user, works fine and loads said tv channel fine, is not acceptable to them.

Second, there isnt 8,000 US channels, only 376...so u clearly have not even looked at things properly. Of cource, not asking that Channels just import all of them, what mess that would be and most of those channels probably not desired or useful, not to mention how do u get guide data.

The URL request was specific to TV everywhere channels:

There are several threads about how to import iptv m3u using Telly, xteve, tvheadend, etc.

I am still a bit confused.
Why cant m3u links be used in channels?
I don't want to use other and mutil apps.
The end goal is to have all the channels all in one place, in Channels DVR.
If the link loads the video feed directly, i don't see why it cant work for channels.

Or if there is some complex process of a user adding in said m3u feeds to Channels, requiring use of a 3rd party plugin or software, why can't there just be a simple option in the DVR config page, where the user can just put in the .m3u file and boom, it is imported and works....much like u can for local files.

I get TVE is different as that has some sort of authorization process and is a different system.

Channels doesn't understand m3u, so you need to use another program. Sure it could be built-in but that code does not exist right now. Any thing can be added with enough code. At the moment we have other priorities.

1 Like