Ireland EPG

Is there a way to edit EPG No's, so that I can make the line-up and epg no's more accurately reflect the Saorview EPG. I live approximately equally distant between the Divis and Clermont Carn transmitters, but have a much stronger signal from Clermont Carn. A Saorview compliant TV in the home puts the UK channels further down the guide after the Irish ones, but still loads all relevant program guide data form Divis. So RTÉ One is 001, RTÉ Two is 002, Virgin Media One is 003, BBC 1 NIHD is 094, BBC 2 NIHD is 095 etc.

The numbers come from the hdhomerun and there is currently no way to change them.

I make all my channels favourites and can rearrange them then how I like

Just recently, the epg provider 'Sky Ireland' has been removed from the list. What remains is just UK specific. It appears that no data for Saorview channels is now available. In addition the 'select all' option in channel mapping is empty. Does anyone know of an alternative source of data ? The Divis Tx only carries 3 irish channels, they are only SD, and often geo-blocked, so aren't really a viable option.

1 Like

I use GBR-1000020-DEFAULT

I think I used UK and then a Northern Ireland postcode like BT1

I believe the Ireland listings were split out from the UK ones. I'll see if we need to add Ireland to the list of countries.

1 Like

That would be brilliant, thanks. I look forward to hearing of progress.

[Edit] Please ignore, reply meant for tmm 1

Thanks for the reply shanepm, but I'm afraid you've lost me there. Have no clue where/what this is meant to point to. I assume it's one of those XMLTV things ?

That would be brilliant, thanks. I look forward to hearing of progress.

Try the next pre release in 20min

1 Like

The guide provider. Click manage lineup beside the tuner and then the plus at the top

That would be fantastic thanks. I hope Gracenote can improve adding “New” tags to shows as well as they don’t really exist at all.

Had to go out, just back now ! On choosing Ireland, entering zip code (northern or southern), I just get a gracenote error 1005 invalid_lineup_id

Okay I'll take a look. Can you give me some sample postal codes?

I presume these are Eircodes so D01, D02, D03 etc or F42, F45 etc

Map here:

D01 works for me. Thanks for adding Ireland!

Tried again just now. Also using 'D01' like shanepm. Everything seems to be working, haven't gone through whole guide yet, but so far things look good. Will attempt to set a recording later and see how it goes. Don't understand why the two Eircodes I tried yesterday, (A91PR63 & AD91D218, both in North Co. Louth) didn't work. Anyway, many thanks for adding Ireland to the list of countries, and Saorview as a guide provider.

I don’t think it recognises full eircodes, only the first 3 digits to signify the region but with Ireland, any region will do

1 Like