Ireland EPG

Hi
I am currently on a months trial and trying to get a working epg for Irish free to air channels but not having any luck.

Does channels provide and Irish epg?

I believe @wonderstoat and @paulboyce are using Saorview

I think the trick is to select UK and enter a postal code that's close to Ireland.

We are also working on a better channel mapper to be able to map guide data more easily.

Hi. Yes. I am in Belfast and the Divis digital transmitter has RTE on it.

I’m not sure though if this will work in the ROI proper though.

Hi @badscooter78,

I’m in the north using Freeview but I do get epg for RTE1, 2 & TG4 with no problem.

Are you having issues with those channels or others?

I will try entering a post code from northern ireland and see what that gives me.
I'm looking for all the Saorview channels so the RTE's Virgin Media 1/2/3 etc

A friend has an aerial pointing at Freeview and another aerial pointing at Saorview and gets EPG for all channels. Let me know if you don't have any joy and I'll ask him on Monday if he had to do anything special to sort it.

When I go into Manage Lineup I don't have the plus icon at the top. Any idea of how to turn on this option?

That option will not appear if you have xmltv guide data setup. You need to click the gear icon next to the source, click Guide > Change Provider and try a postal code there.

I have entered a Northern Ireland postcode and selected Freeview.
I am now getting a full EPG for one channel (TG4) but nothing for the rest eg RTE1/2 Virgin Media 1/2/3 etc

Click Manage Lineup, then click the pencil next to each channel and see if you can search for RTE etc

Thanks I've found RTE 1 & RTE 2 now doing that.
The other RTE channels & Virgin Media 1/2/3 aren't appearing in the listing though so no data for those.

1 Like

In the next pre-release build, you can now switch to "Search All Lineups" mode and enter the name of the channel directly.

5 Likes

One for all and all for one, or is it just for Ireland?
Guess I anwered my own question, works here in the US on v2020.12.05.0203
Thanks for adding this!

3 Likes

Brilliant. Great addition

1 Like

Were you able to find and map all the Saorview stations with this feature?

Every channel except for RTE 2+1

I got it under RTE2P1 but there’s no logo. At least RTÉ1+1 has a different logo and it seems like RTÉ Junior has a TV guide now rather than the radio guide.

In the search results it should say radio under the results that are radio specific.

can you explain where to find this option?

Click Manage Lineup next to your source, click pencil icon next to a station, then click the gear icon and select All.