Is Fox News Having a Problem?

Is anyone else having a problem with the Fox News channel? I keep getting a 'Connection Lost Streaming to the tuner failed. Press play to try again. Timeout after 2s". If I hit play, it sometimes it comes back for a few seconds than, stops with the spinning arrow, then shows error message again, but most of the time it spins and goes to to the error.

Fox Business and other channels all work fine. Any suggestions?

1 Like

It's working for me.

I get that sometimes & i find force stopping the app, cleaeing the cach & a reboot fixes it. I dont know why it happens though.

I've already tried removing the source, and adding it back in in Channels setup, and stopping the Channels app in my Fire TV app, cleared data & cache, and restarting the app, and after doing all of that, it would work for a few seconds, than get the error. Going to stop/restart the Channels app on my server next.

Was trying to see if there was a problem with TV Everywhere.

Working fine here.

Still having a problem with Fox News.
So far I've done:
In my server, I stopped than restarted the Channels DVR app
On my Fire TV, I forced stopped the Channels app, than cleared cache
I restarted my Fire TV Stick 4K Max
Tested the Fox News Channel again still having the same problem
Went into Channels DVR Support, General Troubleshooting and ran the Resources Intensive Tests. That created log 200959b0-bdfc-4cc2-8627-12c1e467ea75, which I will submit to Support.

2 Likes

Only thing I didn't check was the release. Checked for the latest 'pre-release' and '2024.03.06.0641' was out there so I installed it which restarted Channels. Fox News is working again.

1 Like

I don't think it is solved. Had problems again today sent the email below to support so now I'm waiting. FYI, it is happening on other Fire TV sticks also.

|### Tom [email protected]|9:26 AM (1 hour ago)||

to Channels

|

Yesterday I was having the same problem where the Fox News Channel keeps losing connection. The error message "Connection Lost The connection to the tuner was lost. Press play to try again". When I press 'Play' the video starts again, but a few seconds later, it does it again.

I'm running version 2024.03.06.0641. Channels DVR is running on my QNAP TS-1277 NAS, and I use a Fire TV 4K Max stick with the Channels app.I cleared cache for the App (32mb+) but after a while, it starts doing it again. If I switch to the Fox app on my Fire TV, it plays fine.

I went and ran the diagnostics a couple of times, once before clearing cache ( 60c789ae-3036-4efd-a947-942994ef6f50), and once after (0399923a-ed35-443c-b0a7-69a2df069e3f).

Any additional info you need, or do you have anything I need to try?

1 Like