Is HDHomeRun Extend HDTC-2US-M supported? Extended better than Connect?

I know HDTC-2US is on the supported list, but not the newer model HDTC-2US-M. Is HDHomeRun Extend HDTC-2US-M supported?

I’m currently using two SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect with a Synology NAS, which works will except the occasionally recordings don’t record well (large patches of garbled video and audio during play back on both Apple TV and iPhone in the same locations), which I suspect is occurring more often while it is raining here in Seattle. Worked nearly flawlessly in October with light rain compared to this month. The NAS and Connect are wired and connected via a wireless bridge (Netgear Orbi) with very good wireless speeds. I was thinking of getting a HDTC-2US-M and see if it’ll help recording better, especially if it goes on sale. Thoughts or suggestions?

All SiliconDust tuners are supported by Channels.

I would recommend buying the new CONNECT DUO, which has a newer tuner chipset and does a better job of picking up some signals.

Or you could look into better antennas or amplifiers.

Thanks. Now I’ll consider the new Connect Quatro instead of the new Connect Duo (only $50 more). I’m already using the Mohu Leaf 50 Amplified, which I don’t think I can do much better with an indoor antenna.

Does the Quatro have the same improved tuner chipset? I’m not sure I’m at the point of shelling out for a new tuner, (my Extend is doing an excellent job and I appreciate the smaller file-sizes it’s h.264 encoder enables) but I do like the idea of even better tuners and of being able to drop down to just one HD Homerun but still have extra tuner capacity for recording more than 2 things at once (In addition to my Extend I have an old Dual that doesn’t do nearly as good a job as the Extend but can get the channels we watch most ofen pretty well and is mostly there as a backup).

Yes the DUO and QUATRO have the same tuner chipset.

1 Like

I figured that would be the case but didn’t want to assume! Thanks!