Is NFL Network's schedule reliable? (Thursday Night Football Replay)

So we do not have Prime and therefore will not be getting the Thursday Night Football games this year. However, it looks like the NFL Network is replaying the games Friday morning. As such, I have created an Advanced Pass to pick up the first one:

Now my question is: is the NFL Network schedule reliable? It looks like they are replaying a "Sunday highlight" game in the Thursday night slot, so that game's time may be variable. Do they edit it down to fit in the slot? Or does that mean the 12:15am ET starting time is more of a "suggestion" than what will happen? Should I increase my buffer to be something like 3 hours?

The schedule is reliable and they edit down the games to fit their schedule. Live football has a lot of time in between plays, so they cut down on the ad breaks, halftime, times waiting for a replay or penalty review.

I think any buffer beyond 5 minutes is unnecessary, but you can play it safe this time and adjust in the future. You definitely shouldn't need a 3 hour buffer.

You can use Time CONTAINS Friday 12am and it will catch anything 12:XXam

1 Like

Oh wow. I never realized that if you left off the minutes on a time condition it would act as an hour wild card. I thought the times had to be exact 8:30pm, 1:15am, 9:00pm, etc. That's good to know.

Just wanted to throw this out there even though it doesn’t pertain to @babsonnexus’s question: Thursday Night Football will continue to be simulcast on Twitch for free, in addition to being on Prime Video. In the past you have not needed a Prime subscription to watch on Twitch. https://twitch.tv/primevideo

Unfortunately they usually implement DRM on these streams, unlike others on Twitch. You probably cannot use hlstube or similar software to get this into Channels.

I made @tmm1's suggestion (which I also didn't know I could wildcard it that way) and kept the 5 minute start / 1 hour late buffer. I just took a quick look through the actual recording file, and it looks good! The game started right when they said it would, and looks like they edited it to keep it in the window before the next one started. I know I might not need the 1 hour buffer as @alai said, but I'm going to keep it just in case.

Thanks everyone, this is a good solution for the season, so long as I can avoid spoilers until I can watch the games later!