Is the grid guide really this difficult to navigate?

I’ve found the guide quite cumbersome to navigate. Perhaps it’s just not knowing some keyboard shortcuts or something that provides the below functionality or similar.

When I’m deep down the guide early in the day and want to see what’s showing later on, I have to scroll all the way back to the top to change the time range of the guide. I was expecting that the “header” where the date and time are displayed would be locked (like locked rows at the top of a spreadsheet) so the time range could be changed quickly. Alternatively, it would be quite helpful to have arrows to the right and left of the grid display to scroll forward or backward a few hours at a time without losing my channel focus in the guide.

Another feature I use every day in WMC and really miss is being able to click on a channel icon in the left column of the guide and having the display switch to a vertical list of all the upcoming shows on that channel. For example, if I want to see all the shows that are coming up on the Science channel, all I have to do is click on it’s logo at the left of the guide and the display would switch to a vertical list so I could see the upcoming shows on just that channel in chronological order.

Is there something I’m missing that can already do this or similar? If not, is there any chance it can be made easier to do such browsing tasks?

Thanks!

2 Likes

+1
BUMP
I agree and want the same things, if there were only a Feature Request section for the DVR, appears they only exist for each client app.