Is the secondary dvr locations still a thing?

I started Channels server on my mac mini but I don't want it to fill the whole space, so I created Hazel rule that moves anything older than 6 hours to location on Google Drive. So few questions arises:

1. Am I able to create secondary location for DVR? Setting Gdrive as primary seems not to be good option because its better to put in the directory file that content is no longer saving into.
  2. If I set somehow secondary location (the curl technique still works?) and move my content there, are the files will still be visible from channels web interface?
  3. I recorded one episode about Robin Williams from Reelz and moved to GDrive. Does it mean Channels try to record it again?
  4. My moved shows are still appearing with cover art and button [watch] even if I moved them. Does it mean a database is not automatically refreshed?

Sorry for so many questions but it looks still a bit tricky to me.

We don't support recording to or watching from cloud based storage. It's not going to work well.

Yes they are still in the database so they will still appear.

You can only set the secondary location to a local folder and not any type of cloud.

No, the database knows it was already recorded.

Correct the database doesn't know that you moved or deleted files. You have to delete from the Channels interface to remove it from the database.

Thanks for informative answer. Technically it shouldn't be a difference if recordings are stored on external drive in home network or in the cloud network. My GDrive Folder is on my computer under path:
/Volumes/GoogleDrive/Mój\ dysk/ChannelsDVR/
and I would record stuff first to my local disk. I would really like to test such approach but

curl -XPATCH --data-binary '{"ExtraPaths":"/Volumes/GoogleDrive/Mój\ dysk/ChannelsDVR/"}' http://localhost:8089/dvr
false%

It gives me false :frowning:
UPDATE:
Apparently Channels doesn't like spaces in path names. I made symbolic link to google Drive and it found all of my recordings and even plays them. In next couple of days I'll do further testing.

The space is okay in the path but I believe the issue is you escapes the space with a \ which is not necessary.

1 Like