Is there a PIP option?

excuse the newb question.

Is there a way to continue playing live or recorded video (PIP-style or otherwise) while accessing the rest of the UX (surfing the guide, browsing recorded shows, etc.)?

I have the current generation ATV4K with the aluminum remote. I am sure it has plenty of horsepower to continue to stream video while rendering any part of the UI and I’m just not finding this option.

Yep! Settings > Playback > Picture in Picture

I do know there was some issues where if you had PIP on and you go back to the guide. It would go back two channels that you viewed instead of the last channel. Hopefully they have fixed it. I ended up turning PIP off because of this. I do miss having it on while viewing the guide.

1 Like

If something isn't working then it would be helpful to list out exactly what sequence of actions causes the problem.

For example:

1. which settings are enabled?
  2. open guide
  3. click on a channel
  4. ...?
1 Like

And this one.

Issue only happens with PIP On and you visit two channels. You will notice when going back it doesn't go back to the current channel you are on. It will go back two channels. Which is different than going back to the top of the guide. So will say you went to 6003 and then go to 6035. Expand screen to full. Then hit back to go back to the guide. It will take you all the way back to 6003 instead of 6035. I just turned PIP back on and it still does it.

TY for the PIP fix. Looks to be working correctly now.

22m

v2022.08.15.1812

FIXED: Guide focus issues when using Picture in Picture

1 Like