Is there a way to see the collection name before opening it in the library?

I've made 7 collections of shows, but when I'm looking at the library I can't see the name of the folder each the collection is in until I open the folder. Is there a way to see that name prior to opening the folder without creating custom artwork to display the name? Are there any common ones already made?

Thanks.

1 Like

You're probably talking about the iOS app? It doesn't show titles like the Apple TV version does. So you'll want to add custom art for your collections.

TheMovieDB has a lot of great art for existing collections. These are usually franchises though. If you're doing something along the lines of a collection for a person in the family, you'll need to make your own.

Collection art is 16x9 in aspect, and a suggested size of 1280x720 is suggested.

Actually, I'm using Android on my Samsung phone, Samsung tablet, and Sony Bravia TV. It just shows a nondescript tile like the Channels logo for each Collection but without a title or caption associated with it. It would be nice if there was something provided that could serve as a template for adding a customized name for each genre or category used.

For now, I guess I'll take a screenshot of the tiles my phone and create some using Adobe Acrobat so they are editable.

Here's my first stab at it:
Channels Tile - Romance

I didn't come across any category artwork like that on TMDB. Is there a certain place I can find them?

Yes the mobile apps all have the same design.

The TV based apps have their titles under them when focused.

We’re looking into making this better, or even easier to customize. At the moment Channels DVR Server does not have the capabilities at all to just generate images. So that would need to happen before we can do things like this.

I've created tiles like the above for:
Crime, Dating, Detective, Documentary, Drama Series, Family, Fantasy, History, Holiday, Horror, Latino Drama, Musical, Mystery Suspense, Reality Drama, Reality Game, Reality Series, Reality, Romance, Sci-Fi, Series, Sit-Com, Specials, Sports, Teen Drama, Thriller, and Western.

They're pretty basic - just the name over the logo tile - but if anyone is interested please let me know and I'll figure out a way to share them. Perhaps just uploading them here into this thread (they are only 15 KB each).

Maybe create a Topic like this one?

Wow - you have some of the coolest logos! You obviously put a little bit of time and creativity into yours, while I just overlay-ed text for mine (about 15 minutes total). Heck, I didn't even bother to crop mine properly (see right edge). I might have to go and fix that before I share them with anyone, lol...

Now I've got to go and learn more about Virtual Channels and see if they might be even more useful than Collections for my setup.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.