Is there an API call to check for pre release updates?

Just wondering if there is an API call to check for pre-release updates, or some other method to automate this?

See Automatic DVR Beta Updates - #2 by Absenm

Perfecto! Thanks so much, you guys are the best… :grinning:

Though I do use this method, I also fully accept the risk. Sometimes (rarely) a pre-release update may have some short term temporary negative issues. Usually these problems are fixed with a new pre-release within hours. But as a general rule, most pre-releases are awesome. I wouldn't do an auto update more frequently than once a day. Since I read the forums daily, I usually find out if there is a problem with a release and can pause the auto update before it triggers if there are issues.

1 Like

Also there have been cases that when you request and auto update while the DVR is in use it will restart the server after a period of time. That is why I have it to auto request a prerelease when the DVR is Idle.

Bug: recordings interrupted by a pending upgrade - Beta Community / DVR Beta - Channels Community (getchannels.com)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.