Is there any reason why ios 11 is required for the iPad?

I can’t download the app on my iPad because only ios 11 and later is supported. Any reason why?

In order to support the iPhone X, significant changes had to be made to how the app works and is designed. Maintaining compatibly with iOS 10 would have been extremely difficult for the app.

Since the only devices that support Channels DVR are ones with 64bit cpus and those devices are all still supported by iOS 11, we were able to do this without removing support for any devices.

I highly suggest upgrading to iOS 11 for incredibly important security fixes alone.

I would love to except my iPad is not supported on iOS 11. Too old I guess but I used Plex with Live TV app fine. Reason for switching is because the Plex server just a bit too buggy and freezes when TV support is enabled. Is there no way to supports a minimum version of iOS 10? Other apps seem to be doing it.

What iPad model is it?

Ipad 4 I think. I actually go through the web portal to watch live TV on it which is painful.

That’s model uses an Apple A6X, which is a 32-bit CPU. Channels uses 64-bit code and has never supported 32-bit devices.