Is there anyway I can improve my comskip

I personally think the product is fantastic but I was just wondering if there were any way I could improve on the commercial skipping part of the program ??

Thanks very much for all that you guys do

Maybe you could get it to scan by a multiple of frames, instead of frame-by-frame. So, maybe every 5 frames. That would probably speed it up. Also, scrolling weather warnings can sometimes mess up the timeline. Also, if there is something like (for example) a Fox commercial durning a commercial break for a Fox show, it will mess up the commercial markings. Good luck!

Can you provide some examples of shows and channels which are not working as well?

Generally speaking with comskip it’s “what you see is what you get” and it’s unlikely we’ll be able to make big improvements to it.

I think @tjgjsj is offering to make his own changes to it.

Yes I was wondering if there was anything I could personally do to improve my comp skip settings , but now that you mention it I do have weather warnings at the bottom of the screen which may affect the results.

But for the past week or so I’ve noticed some TV shows have almost no commercial skips while others may have commercial detection but only detect half the commercial.

NBC Nightly news often misses the “⅔ way through” very short commercial break. That is the show that has the biggest issue that I’ve seen.

Tonight we noticed that Speechless and Criminal Minds did not detect most of the commercials. I believe this has to do because of weather warnings though.

Yep. That’s what it is. I hate it too, but nothing to do about it.

Being able to manually adjust/add/remove the markers would be great!! Haven’t really had issues with it…at least i can just ff/rw if the comskip got it wrong.

Is it possible to have comskip change it’s viewing frame so that it isn’t looking in the top or bottom of the screen and focus on an area only in the center?