Is there really no Channels Windows app?

Emby has three options for guide data:

1. Emby Guide Data
  2. Schedules Direct
  3. xmlTV

Yes, however, S.D option was replaced with the Emby Guide option.
S.D direct integration was canceled 18 months ago, and what remains may stop working at any time.
As stated in THIS tread.
The data used by Emby option comes from the same place as S.D.
And its free built into Emby. no third party subscription needed.
Unless u need some sort of feature that is exclusive to S.D, your just wasting money paying for it.

The Emby Guide only includes data for a few regions. I need data for Denmark, and it's not there.

Well, far as I have been told, just like Channels DVR, the primary focus and design of the software(for TV use) is meant for USA use.

No idea when S.D will stop working on Emby. But enjoy it while u can i guess.

It's stable enough. We use it every day and have no stability issues at all.

It is correct development is stalled until the next major revision of Kodi is released. Which is a shame, but understandable.

But, if you can live with some of the shortcomings - like having to go to the Channels app web interface to add recordings, and a 15 minute delay when deleting recordings, and a couple of other details - I can totally recommend it. It is a MUCH nicer experience than the Channels app web interface if you're used to a Windows Media Center like experience where you could do everything with the remote control.

The only other downside is getting Kodi configured to your liking, but that's a different matter. It took me a some weeks before I had it dialed in, but then it's actually pretty darn nice. And more importantly, my wife thinks it's nice and can use it without much hassle.

[Edited for minor typos and clarity in regard to Channels app web interface]