Issue recording Golf

I set my pga tour golf recording to record new airings & on the weekend they have 2 different airing on 2 different channels. The DVR only records the first recording because they have the same name which I assume the DVR thinks they are the same. How can this be fix @tmm1?

I will need to look at the guide data and see how it’s tagged. The DVR uses the episode id to decide what to record, and there may be overlap.

Easiest workaround for now would be to set a channel on the pass so it ignore the incorrect one.

1 Like

Okay thank you for looking in to it.

Only thing is that I want to record both. The coverage starts on one channel & continues to the 2nd channel

If you select the second airing in the app via Guide, does it let you record it?

It acts like its already recorded & skips it

Any updates on this?

My plan is to make it so you can override from the web UI and force record something even when its listed as Queued.

It’s on my short list of things to do for the next DVR stable release.

Ok sounds good! Thanks!

This does not appear to have been fixed. Or at least I do not see a way to force record.

I have this exact problem recording early session on golf channel and late session on network channel. The early session records but not the late session. Once I set record on the early session, the late session shows as queued.

The early and late sessions are always are different channels, so one solution would be to have queued only apply to guide listings on the same channel. This would prevent the late session from showing as queued so it could be recorded separately.

Looks like the currently solution would be to specify seasons pass twice, one for golf channel and one for network channel.

This problem has also occurred recording on the tennis channel, where different sessions have the same name, so that channels treats them as the same session.

Is this fix still on your list? I would love ability to force record something already listed as queued!

I'll let @tmm1 respond to the question about the plans, but I wanted to let you know a stable DVR release went out yesterday and this did not make it.

Thanks, haven't heard from @tmm1 yet.

Is this fix something you could implement?

The behavior seems to have changed, but not for the better.

Right now on the Golf Channel there are two instances of Arnold Palmer Invitational, second round for Friday. I requested the first instance be recorded and Channels shows both instances are queued.

In the past, Channels would record the first instance and only record the second instance if something prevented the first instance from recording. However, today, channels skipped the first instance of Arnold Palmer, first round, and recorded the second instance instead. For Friday, Channels shows the second instance of the second round will be recorded, skipping the first instance I wanted recorded.

When I tried to watch the first round today, there was nothing to watch as Channels was still waiting to record the delayed second instance.

This is different than the original problem which prompted this topic, which was the ability to record both instances in the case where the instances were actually different, even though the name in the guide was the same.

But I think most users would want the first instance of queued instances to be recorded, not a later delayed instance.

My desired behavior is that when multiple instances of a sports event are shown in the guide with the same name, the first instance be recorded. And that you add the option to force recording a subsequent instance in the guide, since occasionally the second instance is different although the name in the guide is the same (especially in golf and tennis).

It would be great if you could add this to your list of enhancements.