Issue with external display connected to iPad

When I run the channels on my iPad while connected to a USB C dock, the ipad display turns into a control screen and my external monitor displays the show full screen. This has always worked great. Today I lost the control interface. I have it when I first start playing the show, then after it hides itself, I can't get it to come back. the only thing I can do is unplug the USB C and plug it back in to get the interface for a few seconds before it disappears again.
Here is a video:

I reverted back to an earlier testflight build until I found one that didn't have the behavior. 9.13.1938 seems to be the magic build that doesn't have the issue. @tmm1 @maddox I'm wondering if it has to do with the timeline enhancements that seem to start with 9.13.2133

I submitted diagnostics while on build 9.14.655

Yes that is the reason. We will need to check when its in that mode and prevent the hiding.

1 Like

what would be great is if the controls could stay visible when the external display is connected and not hide at all. Then revert back to normal behaviour when you disconnect the display. My rationale is that it doesn't get in the way of the screen because there isnt anything displayed on the ipad. :slight_smile:

:+1: We'll put some time into this.

1 Like

Please try latest testflight.

works great! Also like the control interface not disappearing!

1 Like

@tmm1 looks like there is a new problem, none of the controls work on the ipad while connected to the external display. It only happens after playing content, before that everything works fine. As soon as you play something, the controls lock. I submitted diags.

I kept reverting back to earlier builds until the problem went away. 9.16.459 was the first build that didn't have the issue.

1 Like

@tmm1 I was just trying out the new testflight beta for the new feature and I noticed that the control locking bug is still there. I'll revert back but I thought I would mention in case it was supposed to be resolved etc.