Issues w/ Latest update

The guide Has two references, one loaded in 7.284482ms., the other in about 138ms.

Please submit diagnostics from the Apple TV app after the slow load. Go to the bottom of the Settings tab and click Submit Diagnostics > Other.

(You can also view the logs yourself via the ATV4 IP on http://IP:57000/log)

Ok. I restarted the Apple TV and opened the channels app and loaded the guide data. Submitted the log via the UI on the app. I hope it helps. Thanks!

PS: I’m almost tempted to pull the trigger on the beta release @djcastaldo updated to. Should I try that, then stay the course with Stable releases after that? Don’t want to delete the server and reinstall now as it’s currently in use.

How long did the guide take to load after opening the app on that diagnostics?

After the reboot the guide didn’t take too long to load, but as I scrolled, some of the images didn’t appear right away and had the usual 1-2 second hesitation before loading.

What were the results of the speedtest. Can you post a screenshot?

Sure....

Please run a speed test between your DVR and ATV4 as outlined here:

Here you go. That speed is pretty low. :thinking:

Second run was better....

It looks like a problem to me. I get full gigabit speedtests on my Apple TV. I would check the cabling.
Should be closer to this with a gigabit network:

What's weird is the images for guide data are loaded directly from the internet and don't even go through the DVR server. It's unclear why you would be seeing such a lag. They're also supposed to be cached on your device so images you've seen before should load instantly.

All new cabling was tested with the switches. The switches I have perform tests on cabling. And I get close to gigabit speeds directly from the Apple TV. I tested that from a wireless laptop. So once again, your results and your scenario is different. Again, I’m glad things are working out for you. My case is different.

When you say “internet”, where exactly are the images being pulled from? I’m gonna check my PiHole logs to see if the PiHole server is blocking any DNS queries associated with the Guide.

Most guide images come from AWS servers. I think some might still come from Gracenote's own servers, but in general all static media from Gracenote is hosted on AWS servers.

1 Like

Again, I have no issues with my cabling or the Apple TV or grounding. I’ll repeat: ALL OF MY OTHER DEVICES ARE WORKING FINE AND CONNECTING FINE. Even Channels itself is working fine, and the guide data is there immediately. It’s the THUMBNAILS/IMAGES I’m having issues with. Seems like you just joined this thread to troll. The initial recommendation was ok I guess, if you have no knowledge of Ohms Law and how electricity works, but the rest of your comments are directed towards how great your setup is working at the moment. Again, I’m happy for you, but it serves no purpose in this thread. This is with three active streams from a Prime.

Example url for guide image:

https://fanc.tmsimg.com/assets/p3621559_b_h6_ah.jpg

1 Like

@tmm1 I see that URL being called by the guide, but the PiHole server is not blocking it. It seems to be blocking that ecrashlytics URL a lot though. Don’t know exactly what app is calling that URL, but it’s either Apple or Channels. No other apps are currently running.

I was just trying to help you solve your problem by pointing out low bandwidth for what I thought was a gigabit connection. This is a support forum. All your posts are visible to all other users, some of whom might try to help you figure out what your issue is.

1 Like

I understand that. And you offered a valid suggestion, but then just offered up results of your network/setup. That test was done from a wireless laptop a long ways from the router. As you can see, I clearly got the gigabit speeds when I tested directly from the server itself via Ethernet. Our setups/networks are microcosms of a universe! Way too many intangible variables to compare your network to mine. Regardless of speed. I’ve repeated several times that I don’t have cabling/grounding issues. You keep incessantly insinuating that for some reason. Before I even decide to open up a thread, I check the obvious. I’ve been troubleshooting Energy Management Systems for almost 10yrs now. I know my way around certain things, although I have to say that networking is something I’m not savvy in. A student. But, cabling isn’t my issue. Nor is my ISP speeds. I appreciate the help nonetheless. Just repeated about 4 times that cabling issues have been ruled out. :grimacing:

Well if you think it was caused by a software update (possible), it is hard to be sure until others can find the same issue, or you rollback and see the issue fixed. It doesn't really take much time to do. You aren't backing up all your recordings, just the database (which is also automatically backed up every time you start the DVR). Then install different version and restore your database.