ITV channel defaults to ITV Wales, instead of English ITV

I have a problem with ITV HD, I only noticed this recently after having my aerial cable replaced due to the old cable being in very poor condition.

I rescanned the HD Homerun Connect tuner after the new cable was installed and many more channels were detected and the signals using the HD Homerun Signal App were much better.

I think because I’m now able to receive a stronger signal I’m picking up Welsh channels.

I’ve tried deleting the channel list and rescanning but I still have the issue.

What’s strange is the Welsh ITV channel is a much weaker signal and keeps breaking up, so I’m surprised that it’s being given preference over the English ITV HD channel.

The ITV channel I have to use is 5016.

How can I stop the tuner picking up and allocating ITV HD to the Welsh ITV?

My Postcode is FY3

Thanks

You would need to contact [email protected] or post on their forums

I had the same problem. Whilst Winter Hill is by far stronger, I often picked up a few muxes from Moel-y-Parc in Wales. There is no way to tell the HDHR what transmitter to use or to stop it from occasionally rescanning on its own. The best thing to do is pick up an attenuator for a few quid that will hopefully make the Welsh signal so weak that the HDHR ignores it. That’s what I did and it works pretty well for me.

1 Like

It started raining yesterday and the Wales ITV actually lost signal, so I decided to do a rescan whilst it was still raining and that appears to have worked, I’m guessing because the rain attenuated the signal from the Welsh transmitter enough for it not to get picked up.

As tmm1 said: Contact SD on their forums and tell them about the problem. They’re very good about addressing such things in their HDHR tuners.

Not sure if you’re in the UK or not @jseymour, but it’s a common problem to be in the reception area of 2 main transmitters and have the HDHR get the ‘wrong’ Freeview muxes. People have been asking SD for years for an option to disable automatic rescanning, and it’s fallen on deaf ears. I guess they don’t live in the UK or understand how frustrating it is when the HDHR rescans and picks up the wrong region. The best thing to do is to insert an attenuator to hopefully weaken the signal enough that it falls below the HDHR’s threshold.

No, I don’t live in the UK.

Yeah, while SD is usually pretty good at responding to tuner issues, sometimes enhancement requests fall on deaf, very deaf, ears :frowning: