Just to watch Football you need

Prime Video
ESPN
ESPN+
OTA

SMH

3 Likes

All the sports are fragmenting themselves to death. At least, with football, the majority of content is still OTA.

Try being a Yankee fan (I'm not):

1. An expensive RSN
  2. OTA
  3. AppleTV+ for occasional Fridays
  4. Amazon Prime because they sold some games away
  5. Should they make the playoffs - the turners
5 Likes

Don't forget the exclusive Sunday morning games on Peacock.

2 Likes

Forgot about those

4 Likes

That's just the NFL. For NCAAF it's many times worse.

6 Likes

Thank God I'm out of market :rofl::joy:

All I need is
Either MLB.TV or EI
Peacock
AppleTV
OTA
Basic cable with FS1/TBS/ESPN

If you don't mind waiting and can avoid spoilers, you don't need Amazon Prime, but do need NFL Network:

1 Like

If you really can wait - NFL Channel on Pluto does NFL Weekly Game Recaps the day after condensed down to about 30 minutes

2 Likes

If I can live in a Cave for 4 hours or so ... I could avoid spoilers.... and put tape at the bottom of my TV to cover the NFL Network Ticker. They spoil their own shows.

2 Likes

^^^This is the real issue. I try not to look down when I watch these games :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I avoid the spoilers all the way until Friday night when I have time to watch. Damn NFL for ruining it for me after all that work!

Last season the Amazon games were also streamed free on Twitch (owned by Amazon). I'm sure they still are, will report back Thursday evening if I'm wrong.

On a side note, somehow there is something very "sterile" about Amazon's Thursday game broadcasts. I don't watch the pre-game and extra crap, I'm saying the gameplay itself just seems different. Perhaps it's the lack of sideline and crowd noise? I can't pinpoint it.

They still are. I use it and I pipe in the stream via CC4C

Would you mind elaborating on this?

Look up cc4c

1 Like

Google fails miserably:

1. Care Coordination for Children
  2. Cities & Counties for Citizenship
  3. Community Concern for Cats

The list goes on, none of which have anything to do with video, streaming, or anything related to the subject at hand.

Of course, I never read or bothered with Chrome capture for Channels, which undoubtedly it is, but that would only be found after failing a Google search and searching this forum. :+1:

3 Likes

And if you get updates on your phone, you get the score before you can watch it streaming.
Oh Look according to my Phone update, the 9'ers scored, 30 seconds later you can see it "live" streaming...

Same thing with variance of satellite/cable they dont all stream same time.

Yep...first world problems :rofl::joy:

Nothing we can do with that other than disable notifications on those apps and crop out the ticker using Handbrake or ffmpeg (when watching a recording)

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I searched for the term and ended up in a rabbit hole, trying to figure out what it meant.

Chrome Capture for Channels