Keep Last

Sorry if this was answered already but I couldn’t find it. When setting the Keep the Last so many Episodes is that by air date?

Let’s say a show has a new episode in Saturday night and then Sunday it is on all day. If I set keep last 10 episodes will the new one from Saturday be kept even if more than 10 on Sunday?

It's based on recording time, so only the Sunday episodes would be kept

Thanks

1 Like

Is this configurable? If I already have the number of episodes set on "Keep Last", I'd prefer that the DVR stop recording until I have deleted one of my already recorded episodes.

This is tricky but yeah, you can. Find your pass in your Channels DVR Server web admin. Edit it, switch to Advanced, and pick your limit.

Thanks. You are so awesome at replying to questions.

I have changed this setting and it is still recording. I have the limit set to 5 and I'm up to 21 recordings on one show. The other shows are like that too.

Please screenshot your settings

These are paused right now. I'm seeing some inconsistencies. When I look at my filesystem, I'm seeing more episodes than I see on my TV and on the Library->Shows tab.

I don't know if my database is whacked or what, but I recently deleted some shows from my file system because some shows weren't recording, even though they were scheduled. I noticed permission errors in the logs, but I didn't see any permission problems and some had recorded. So, I deleted the folders and ran:
curl -XPUT http://10.0.0.155:8089/dvr/pruner/deleted

EDIT: Note, I should add that deleting the folders and running curl got my shows that were running into permission problems corrected. They started recording after that. Some shows were recording. And, they all write to the same location as the same user.

EDIT #2: I went back to my filesystem and the number of recordings was back down to only 5. I unpaused the passes. I will just see what happens. For now, just disregard. Maybe it's good now.

So, maybe there are lingering issues from that. Never the less, without these being paused, the Settings screen shows them actively recording, with the settings set as in the screenshots below.