Kids Only Mode - Access to Videos

I've been testing out kids only mode on the ipads our kids use, and I've noticed that virtual channels that I've made with Kids Videos don't appear in the guide and there is no way for them to access the Videos I've labled with visibility as Kids or Both. Wondering if the bottom UI could be customized to potentially remove guide and replace with videos, or maybe have a server side setting where we could choose what navigation is available in Kids Only Mode.

Yes, the lack of Videos is an issue we’re aware of.

As for the Virtual Channels issue, when Kids Only Mode is on, it will lock the guides to just the Kids collection.

What you should do, is use your own Channel Collection named Kids. Then you can put whatever you want in there. This collection will be used in Kids Only Mode.

Got it - thanks for the suggestion for the guide. I can do that.

I'm currently in the same situation (lack of videos access, not the virtual channel issue) and I'm confused about the workaround. In Channel Collections I don't see a way to add videos (or any local media for that matter). What am I missing?

Channel Collections are for making groups of live TV channels for your guide.

So is the workaround to create a virtual channel with the Videos in question, then add that channel to the Kids channel collection? Just want to make sure I understand.

We don’t expect you to do anything as a work around. This issue is a deficiency that we need to solve, and have not yet solved.

If this is what you want to do, go for it, there are lots of tricks to apply with Channels.

But this is not how we expect you to gain access to Videos in Kids Only Mode.