Kodi Add-on

I got it working, was related to the UK guide change.

Addon seems surprisingly good on OSMC.

I'm guessing this has been abandoned.

That would be a shame if it is abandoned

Is this abandoned? Would be a shame as it works quite well, but misses a few features and can be flaky at times.

With three of us, priorities are adjusted frequently. Things will look abandoned when they are not.

The Kodi PVR API interface is currently being completely revamped for Matrix, and all PVR addons are going to have to be rewritten when Matrix is released.

It doesn't make sense for us to invest more resources into a Leia plug-in which will stop working in a couple months. Efforts here will continue when Matrix stable release is out.

3 Likes

That is too bad because the FireTV app on my FireCube drops frames like crazy and this is the only way I can use channels on it.

Do you know if the Matrix release will make an Xbox version possible?

Unfortunately not. The issue there is that kodi add-ons are implemented as plugins (i.e DLLs) and the xbox sandbox doesn't have any way to load DLLs.

Kodi 19 (Matrix) is now in Alpha release. So maybe there's hope for a stable release in early fall.

The main thing for add-ons I guess is the switch from Python 2 to Python 3. For us users it looks like there's several really nice improvements that would make it even better as a Channels front end, especially if the guide and passes gets integrated fully. :thumbsup:

For PVR clients, it looks like Matrix changed the C++ API a bit, too. So, a bit more work than a recompile I believe.

Makes sense. Hopefully the changes makes it easier for the integration to take advantage of all the functions offered by both applications.

I can wait for the Kodi 19 update. Dev's when you get time to work on a new Kodi plug in, please make sure that all guide data gets pulled in (I think it's now only 3 days) . Kodi's search abilities are one of the main reasons I want to use it in addition to the Channels Android TV app.

1 Like

There a setting in Kodi for the number of days of guide data.

That setting never used to work for the Channels Add-in (it did work for other pvr's though). I'll try it again, maybe it was fixed.

I checked again and it still does not import more than a few days of guide data. I cleared and re-imported everything, set guide to 12 days in the future. It is currently 12:20PM Monday and my guide ends at 3:00 AM on Wednesday. It's complete, it just doesn't go any further into the future.

I think this was already discussed as a known limitation and not going to be fixed until after the next REV of Kodi come out, but if anyone does have a work around, please let me know. Thanks.

1 Like

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357406 for those interested in v19 support

1 Like

It doesn't integrate at all with KODI it is a separate app ... not too good.

It integrates perfectly with the kodi PVR system. Could you please be more specific.

I could not find it in the repository under PVR so I looked in Video Addons it was there but it s a separate app does not integrate with the TV section etc as other PVR Clients do maybe what I got is the wrong one.

Clicking the the link to download gives this 404 - Page not found

https://kodi.tv/addon/plugins-video-add-ons/channelsdvr