Kodi Add-on

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure not to do that.

Why did you do it and did you get it back eventually.

1 Like

I installed the add-on via the respository. I'm running CoreElec on an Odroid N2, which has an aarch64 kernel, but runs 32bit in userspace. The linux ARM64 version was installed, which didn't work. I manually installed the ARM32 version from the zip file, which is working. Is there any way to change the version installed from the repository, so it will update, instead of manually downloading and installing from the zip file every time?

1 Like

When I try to stream my local CBS and FOX channels using TVE channels 6002 and 6003 with Kodi, I get an error stating...one or more items failed to play. Check the log...checking the log shows... error starting live stream...503 service unavailable. It works fine in the Channels app. Any help is appreciated.

Tom Finney

1 Like

Locals are working fine here (Tampa) using Kodi. The only issues I have are very minor. Some of the season #s and episode descriptions get flaky. Also, when playing back a live recording that has padding, skipping forward/back gets screwy. Using FF/REW rather than skip, is better in this case on live recordings with padding.

Thanks for these instructions, installed and working on Kodi 19.3 on Windows 11 & MacOS 11.6.1

A post was split to a new topic: Kodi Addon: metadata improvements

I have been getting crashes lately. They have only happened since the new commercial detection roll out. Mostly from the NFL network replay of last night's game. Is there a simple way to troubleshoot this? What folder would I delete to get rid of the edl files. Thanks.

1 Like

Using "Regenerate Video Index" on the affected recordings should fix them. Or you can run Detect Commercials on them.

1 Like

That didn't help anything. Kodi just doesn't like the NFL Network for some reason. Live or recordings Kodi crashes on 3 different devices.

Not a big deal. I switch over to the standard Channels app and all is fine. NFL Network is the only channel I have run into this issue.

First step would be to download the kodi log after the crash and send it to [email protected]

I've had problems with the NFL Network and crashes lately as well. I don't think it's related to commercial detection though, because it happens for games still be being recorded. It also doesn't seem to be the Kodi DVR add-on causing it, because the same thing happens on Kodi whether watching through the DVR add-on or just streaming over NFS.

So no one wants to send in a log to help fix this?

Never mind I figured it out. Fix uploading in next dvr build.

2 Likes

Thanks. I had deleted the problem recording otherwise I would have helped.

I'd like to fix this but it will require gathering some information from your setup. Can you email [email protected]

Hi
I think someone else also ask for this, but anyway here it goes because this is really annoying.
Every time a stream fails, kodi crash and we have to restart kodi. It’s possible to correct this please?
Thank you.

Email kodi crash log to [email protected]

I am having a strange issue with the add-on. I am getting random commercial skips on nearly every ChannelsDVR recordings. You can see them marked in red on the timeline. They are completely random and don't show up in the Channels log, the Android Channels app, or the Channels web player.

This started 2 or 3 weeks ago. No issues up until that point since the official Kodi add-on release.

I realize that only a handful of people use Kodi for Channels, but I still wonder if this is happening to anyone?

The "skips" seem to happen more on my two Windows 10, Kodi setups, although I have seen it on my Android TV, Kodi device.

What makes it even more strange is that they will show up in different spots on different Kodi machines. For example, Kodi on Windows machine 1 will show "skips" in different locations than Windows machine 2. The same recording may show no "skips" on the Android device.

I posted this originally thinking it was a Channels commercial detection issue but now I realize it isn't. Pretty sure it is a Kodi/add-on issue that just happened to begin around the time of the new commercial detection feature. I realized it wasn't when it started happening on shows that are on stations that aren't detecting commercials. Thanks in advance.

Hi
Anyone else having problems and errors (mainly curl timeout errors) with kodi getchannels on nvidia shield after updating to android 11 (nvidia experience 9) ?
Thank you

Yes everyone is having issues on SHIELD 9.0

You can try installing the hotfix from nvidia