Kodi Add-on

@tmm1, I am still experiencing trouble with guide data on my always on odroid box's. Guide data still does not update unless rebooted so after several days guide is empty and needs restarted to update. The refresh is working fine for recordings.

Thank you! I'm having trouble installing the arm versions on an openelec version on a rpi2. Any suggestions? The error is:
"The dependency on kodi.binary.global.main version 1.0.0.13 could not be satisfied."

What version of Kodi are you using? (I wasn't aware they were still building current releases for the Pi2.)

(Also, OpenELEC is considered obsolete now and is no longer being actively developed. New development is being tracked with LibreELEC.)

Good info! The kodi version is krypton. I wasn't aware of libreelec. Will test...

They are, they’re the same as the RPi3 builds. But yes, LibreELEC is the best for the RPi area if you just want Kodi.

If you want Kodi but also a normal Debian-based OS to add other repositories/apps then you should also look into OSMC. It’s my preferred since I like messing around command line with too much stuff.

CoreELEC is also out there for Amlogic hardware.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having trouble setting up the dvr client with the server address. What information needs to be input into the config setting of the addon?

Would I enter it as:

https://xxxxxxxxxxxx.channelsdvr.net:8089

Thanks

Use your local IP address of your server. It's likely something starting with 192.168 or 10.0.

I’m looking to access the dvr outside of my network on a tablet that runs kodi. I thought i would use the “my.channelsdvr. net” links address? No?

I don't believe the Kodi add-on supports remote access. Remote access requires OAuth tokens, IIRC.

Thats a bummer. Thanks!

Threw the libreelec image on the rpi2 and added the channelsdvr addon. Now I can watch and record my cable tv subscription without paying for an extra "box". Thanks everyone!!!

1 Like

This Kodi plug-in is a life saver! Thank you!!!

I've been pulling my hair out how to view Channels on my tv, without being forced to use a device that includes microphones and privacy snooping personal assistants, privacy snooping logins, inefficient screen sharing, or the requirement of using a keyboard to navigate the UI. After searching and reading many posts I find this, and (nearly) all my problems are solved in one swift move. Awesome!

I do have two questions:

• Will this be released as an official plug-in at some point (so I don't have to worry an update breaks the functionality and I'm all of a sudden back to square one)?
  • I can't seem to make it work deleting recordings from the Kodi UI. Pressing DEL does bring up the dialog if I want to delete it, but selecting "yes" doesn"t actually remove it. Any ideas?

@Howdy, It does actually delete it if you check the DVR UI log you will see it deleted the issue we have right now is that data is not synced with the Kodi add-on very quickly from the DVR.

Ah. I do see that. The ones I deleted a while ago are actually gone now. Doing a quick test just now, it do seem to actually delete instantly on Channels but then not reflect this in Kodi right away as you say.

Cool. If it's a know issue and not just something in my system I'm sure it'll get looked at pretty soon.

Thanks!!!

Yes it is known I believe that @tmm1 set the refresh timer to 15 minutes to hold us over for now.

Would your update to the scrobbler be part of the main Kodi repository addon install or would I have to download the zip file directly and install that?

It looks like the code was merged into the Matrix repository. You can either install Kodi Matrix (Master Branch) or manually install the scripts zip.

1 Like

Thanks!

Can I fund this to speed it up? It would save me the hassle of having to develop against the IPTV client myself to support

Please answer these questions: