Kodi Add-on

If I remember correctly, Kodi defaults to only 3 days of guide data. You have to change the default setting to request more guide info.

I have it set to 1 days past, 15 days future in the PVR settings. Is there somewhere else I need to change this?

No, that would be the setting. Not sure then, as I am not presently using Kodi.

I grabbed the Arm 32bit Linux version for use on my Pi-Zero and uh....well...everytime I try to load the plugin, LibreElec goes into a reboot loop and I'm forced to SSH in and delete the plugin manually.

Here's a pastebin of my crash log if that helps: https://pastebin.com/7SYatPMN

If I am not mistaken the 32bit armhf build is for ARM7 but the Pi-Zero uses a ARM6 CPU so it will not work.

1 Like

I just installed the Kodi Add-on two days ago, and it works fine, but then when try to use it the following day there's no channels or recordings or anything. I then have to completely uninstall and reinstall it. This happened both days since I installed.

A few suggestions to try would be first make you have the latest add-on I believe that is 2019.11.22 right now, next check the add-on configuration and if it is set to automatically discover DVR then try turning that off and putting the IP address of your channels DVR server instead, finally if that did not correct the problem try turning off live TV time shift. Of course if these suggestions do not help try alerting the developer working on this add-on @tmm1 even though we are all patiently waiting on more complete and feature rich builds he will normally get a bug preventing basic usage fixed very quickly.

Putting in the IP address made no difference. Even uninstalling and reinstalling made no difference the last time it happened. The only thing that rectified was a reboot of the Shield after I'd done those other things. If it happens again, I'll try just a reboot to see.

I do really like having the Kodi interface as an option so I hope the Channels guys continue to develop it. While I like the native app, Kodi allows for lots of customization and I do like the way I can navigate channels without changing the channel similar to how my cable boxes worked.

@tmm1, Could you please give us a little update on the kodi add-on progress maybe a expected time line or something?

Myself and a few others are having trouble with the guide data. The add-on ignores kodi settings for how many days to grab and how frequently to download guide data. As a result the add-on only gets 3 days of guide data and does not refresh/update on any sort of schedule so after 3 days if you have not rebooted/restarted you have an empty channel guide. Can you look into this when you get a chance please?

1 Like

Well that explains why I can't use it on my Zero. I'll have to get a third Pi 3 and play with it.

Thank you for making a Linux version of the addon.

@tmm1 if you guys need help developing the addon please email me.

I don’t get channel icons coming through with this addon (though I do get EPG artwork). Is there anyway of pulling them through?

This addon was just thrown together to appease users it has a lot of missing parts.... it is far from complete. Channel Icons being one of the missing parts.

I got it working, was related to the UK guide change.

Addon seems surprisingly good on OSMC.

I'm guessing this has been abandoned.

That would be a shame if it is abandoned

Is this abandoned? Would be a shame as it works quite well, but misses a few features and can be flaky at times.

With three of us, priorities are adjusted frequently. Things will look abandoned when they are not.

The Kodi PVR API interface is currently being completely revamped for Matrix, and all PVR addons are going to have to be rewritten when Matrix is released.

It doesn't make sense for us to invest more resources into a Leia plug-in which will stop working in a couple months. Efforts here will continue when Matrix stable release is out.

3 Likes