Kodi Add-on

I still cannot time shift a recording in progress.

It would be great if I didn't have to use the web ui for that and could use Kodi exclusively. The web player is OK but is a bit cumbersome going between that and Kodi. Kodi is more solid for shows that has already been recorded and live TV.

Totally agree, While I wouldn't want to lose the web UI, if I could, I would do 95% of my management through Kodi.

3 Likes

I know someplace earlier in this thread it was mentioned that there was a lot to implement Timers, so I am just curious if that is planned? Right now you can't add a timer. Or at least it doesn't appear that you can.

1 Like

Do you mean a timer for a channel without guide data or something different. Why is this important to you?

1 Like

no, I mean creating a timer from scratch. For instance, the new show '4400', I want to be able to create a timer for it without searching the guide. Just by clicking the 'create timer' button. Think of it similar to an advanced subscription in the Channels Web UI.

This would also allow me to edit existing timers, I would assume. I haven't actually tried doing that, but I assume it won't work currently.

1 Like

@tmm1 Have you made any progress with time shifting a live recording and/or getting virtual channels to play?

Thanks.

I think KODI by default Caches guide data and images.

I'm uploading v2021.10.25.2319 with possible improvements for recording playback. I had to rewrite a lot of code so it may be buggy.

Virtual channels do not work. I'm not sure if it will be possible to make them work in Kodi.

1 Like

Live recordings are still not getting any time shifting options...

Completed recordings are issue free as far as I can tell.

1 Like

That is too bad but not a huge deal compared to the live recordings, time shift feature. Thanks.

1 Like

I just finished a two hour test of the time shift on a recording in progress and it worked fine. I really appreciate your effort on this feature.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting.
Working here too!
Thanks a lot @tmm1!

1 Like

Hi
With the new version, if I clear guide data on kodi it didn’t get the new guide data from server.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure not to do that.

Why did you do it and did you get it back eventually.

1 Like

I installed the add-on via the respository. I'm running CoreElec on an Odroid N2, which has an aarch64 kernel, but runs 32bit in userspace. The linux ARM64 version was installed, which didn't work. I manually installed the ARM32 version from the zip file, which is working. Is there any way to change the version installed from the repository, so it will update, instead of manually downloading and installing from the zip file every time?

1 Like

When I try to stream my local CBS and FOX channels using TVE channels 6002 and 6003 with Kodi, I get an error stating...one or more items failed to play. Check the log...checking the log shows... error starting live stream...503 service unavailable. It works fine in the Channels app. Any help is appreciated.

Tom Finney

1 Like

Locals are working fine here (Tampa) using Kodi. The only issues I have are very minor. Some of the season #s and episode descriptions get flaky. Also, when playing back a live recording that has padding, skipping forward/back gets screwy. Using FF/REW rather than skip, is better in this case on live recordings with padding.

Thanks for these instructions, installed and working on Kodi 19.3 on Windows 11 & MacOS 11.6.1

A post was split to a new topic: Kodi Addon: metadata improvements