Kodi Add-on

using kodi on an android tv box and also a shield. Tried to load on the android tv but wouldn't load from the zip file. Ill keep an eye on progress, this looks cool

New release v2019.09.24.0027

• NEW: Added support for Android
  • FIXED: Live TV would not play
  • FIXED: Recordings were not grouped
  • FIXED: Future timers were missing guide info

Downloads:

Note that you will need the latest DVR pre-release for the best results (click-and-hold Check For Update button on the DVR web UI).

1 Like

Looking good on the Shield .. great job!!!! CC also works.

1 Like

Failing to load on Windows 64

2019-09-24 06:03:19.739 T:10412 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Failed to load "C:\Users\Jonathan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\pvr.channelsdvr\libchannelspvr.dll" with error 126: "The specified module could not be found.
"
2019-09-24 06:03:22.364 T:10412 ERROR: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAddons: Failed to create add-on Channels DVR Client, status = 5

Fixed build for Windows 64-bit: https://channels-kodi.s3.amazonaws.com/2019.09.24.1709/pvr.channelsdvr-windows-x86_64.zip

DVR - 2019.09.24.0530
Kodi - 18.4

I successfully installed Android 64-bit in Kodi but "Run" & "Configure" are grayed out.
What am i missing?
Under System Info --> PVR Service
It clearly shows that Channels DVR is connected with # of Recordings, Disk size etc..

Sounds like its working then. There's nothing to run. You simply go to the TV tab in Kodi and everything is there.

1 Like

do you need to be on the same network for this to work? im trying to load this away from home.

since there is no plan to do a windows client, this is the next best thing for me since my slingbox died and the web client doesnt cut it for me.

thanks

For now yes, I assume the plan is to add remote login once the main features are stable.

Right you are.
I had removed TV from the main menu - Sorry

Where do you remove it? I was looking for a way to remove Radio.

Interface>Skin>Configure>Items

2 Likes

A few observations:

• For some reason the default Kodi skin doesn't display channel icons, I don't think there's any way the PVR can override this. Below you can see another skin that does.

• Time-shifting and categories aren't enabled yet, expected for an early beta

• Kodi defaults to showing guide data 1 day previous, but is not able to load that data from the DVR

• Playing status is not updating on the DVR web ui, but the log is. The log for some reason reports that the channel is being shared between 2 clients, even though it isn't

2019/09/24 14:02:38 [TNR] Opened connection to 1321FE7D for ch845 TCM HD
    2019/09/24 14:02:38 [TNR] Sharing existing connection to 1321FE7D for ch845 TCM HD (clients=2, len=0)
    2019/09/24 14:03:46 [TNR] Closed connection to 1321FE7D for ch845 TCM HD
    2019/09/24 14:03:47 [TNR] Opened connection to 1321FE7D for ch846 AMC HD
    2019/09/24 14:03:47 [TNR] Sharing existing connection to 1321FE7D for ch846 AMC HD (clients=2, len=0)

Playing status is not updating on the DVR web ui, but the log is. The log for some reason reports that the channel is being shared between 2 clients>>

Mine shows in the Web UIScreenshot

I also show channel being shared between 2 clients

Watched shows in Kodi are not marked Watched in Channels DVR

that stinks. it doesn't work via vpn either. i need some kind of windows client thats not the web ui.

Patience, I'm sure they will get around to it

I've never tried this, but maybe the BlueStacks android emulator would let you run the android app.

damn, this is a good work around! thanks. i have to play with it and see if i can figure out how to scrub the timeline.

please think about a windows client!

thanks!

Icons appear in the Channels list and in-player guide on the left, but not the main guide. I guess the skin was just designed that way. What skin are you using in your screenshot?

By categories do you just mean the colors in the guide? Or are there other features?

The DVR doesn't keep past guide data when it updates at 9am every morning. I'm currently only fetching data starting at when Kodi booted, but I can pull in the earlier stuff up to 9am.

Works for me.

This is normal, it's how Kodi connects. It seems to connect briefly once and connect again and disconnect the first connection. This will get fixed when we redo live streaming and implement time shifting (which apparently every addon must do itself).

I cannot reproduce this. When I stop watching in the middle, it records the playback position to the DVR. If I click-and-hold and select Mark Watched it also gets saved to the DVR.