Kodi Add-on

Kodi doesn't load channels from all of my tuners through the Channels PVR addon. It only gets the first priority Quatro and the TVE tuner (missing two Extends).

The channels loaded should match the channels shown on the DVR web UI. If there are overlapping numbers they will be combined in order of priority.

My web-UI is different. It has channels from 2nd and 3rd priority Extends that don't show in the Kodi guide. There are missing channels with unique numbers.

btw, I like the web-ui better than Kodi. It is nice, however, to be able to access the channels dvr without transcoding.

In fact, the web-ui is a superior interface, and my NAS transcodes just fine. I don't really like Kodi anyway, so I reported the bug, but there is no urgency to fixing it.

I have been playing around with this a little bit today just for fun and to help out since I don't use Kodi that often. It would be good to have as an alternative on my laptop every now and again.

Anyway, mostly working fine for me, but I am curious about playback of recordings and having Kodi use the edl files. I know there is an issue trying to use edl files say via the Emby or Plex addon if you're streaming it via http as Kodi doesn't support that with the edl files. I am curious how that works with the Channels DVR. Is that basically being streamed as well and so the edl function wouldn't work?

In the past when I used Kodi more often it did a great job of auto skipping when I had MCEBuddy creating an edl file in the recordings folder. This was all prior to Channels having that function from within the app itself on the Shield, so I didn't even need it for a while.

What are the thoughts about this? Should it work now? Is there something you would have to do to make it work? I couldn't get it to work as it is at the moment.

Commercial skip should work but there's a bug in 18.4 so you have to use the Leia nightly.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I will try it out.

Is anyone else having an issue accessing the Kodi website? I can get to the forums, but not the main site.

Yeah, known issue right now. They are trying to get it back up.

Yeah, it varies from skin to skin, some show the icons on the guide some show the details above/below the guide or not at all, some show the channel icon beside the details and others show the episode thumbnail. I think I prefer the default skin, just wish it would show the channel icons on the guide. The skin in the image is Embuary

You can also narrow the guide by category, the same as the Channels apps, it just isn't as easy to get to...

Might be best to pull in earlier data, as you can see above, by default it will show up to a day behind and that ends up blank. The odd thing is when you change that setting to 0 days behind it doesn't want to show even the last 1/2 hour, which makes the guide hard to read.

Do you see the HD and Favorites categories?

1 Like

Well, I have tried this on my Windows 10 (64bit) computer...that Channels DVR is also installed on...and having no joy. I either get an error (Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred) or it crashes Kodi...or both (error then crash, obviously).

I tried on an existing install and also did a complete uninstall of Kodi (18.4), including deleting settings and file folders. I then did a clean install, and only installed the Channels PVR add-on...both instances netted the same results mentioned above. Not sure what the issue is.

Please pull the Channels DVR log messages from %APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log

Here is the log segment:

2019-09-24 22:09:37.242 T:6756 NOTICE: AddOnLog: Channels DVR Client: Starting discovery
2019-09-24 22:09:43.244 T:6756 NOTICE: AddOnLog: Channels DVR Client: Discovey failed: context deadline exceeded
2019-09-24 22:09:43.244 T:6756 ERROR: ADDON: Dll Channels DVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
2019-09-24 22:09:45.518 T:6756 ERROR: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAddons: Failed to create add-on Channels DVR Client, status = 1

Okay so discovery is failing. Can you try unchecking and rechecking the Bonjour checkbox on the dvr web UI?

After unchecking and rechecking the Bonjour checkbox, I am still get the same thing and the same log comments:

2019-09-24 22:36:01.824 T:11336 NOTICE: AddOnLog: Channels DVR Client: Starting discovery
2019-09-24 22:36:07.825 T:11336 NOTICE: AddOnLog: Channels DVR Client: Discovey failed: context deadline exceeded
2019-09-24 22:36:07.825 T:11336 ERROR: ADDON: Dll Channels DVR Client - Client returned bad status (1) from Create and is not usable
2019-09-24 22:36:09.943 T:11336 ERROR: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAddons: Failed to create add-on Channels DVR Client, status = 1

Okay. I will work on a setting to rescan and add dvr by IP.

As always, you guys are outstanding with support.

while you're at it, add a setting for remote log in! :wink:

I updated to the nightly and I am still not able to get auto skipping to work with the edl files present in the recordings folder.