Kodi Add-on

Would it be possible to add Kodi as a playback option in the drop-down menu in the web browser? Thanks @tmm1.

any clues on how to get virtual channels i've set up on the channels server to be playable on remote kodi machine?

1 Like

Sadly they don't work on Kodi or the Web.

thats a shame! maybe one day.

1 Like

Is this kodi addon still working?
I've installed the repository at kodi.getchannels.com ( repository.fancybits.zip)
Then i go to install addon from from repository and then select "Channels add-on repository" , then i get the message of "could not connect to repository". Kodi machine definitely has internet access.

Thanks

I just checked and the Channels Repo is working for me.

Working here. I did have to restart my Channels server machine today for some reason, which was a first. All was fine after that.

Ok, thank you. I will investigate on my end.

I'm still running kodi leia (18.9), would that be a problem?

I am at 19.4 Matrix, on Windows 11.

Most likely. Looking at the addon.xml file in the repository, it states minversion="19.0"; I assume this means the repository is only for Matrix and newer.

@tmm1 Can you incorporate the chosen padding of shows being recorded? Now it only shows the original length of the program if you are watching the recording as it's being recorded. If you are in the padding, and you click skip forward or back, it always goes to the end of the original recording time length. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks @tmm1 ! A 30 minute show I set to start 30 minutes early, and now in the Kodi add-on, it shows it as 60 minutes. Much appreciated. I only use Kodi now so this is very helpful.

1 Like

I just installed Kodi to play with the Channels add-on and it crashes Kodi when I enabled the add-on. Any ideas?

What version of kodi? What platform and device did you install on?

Does the kodi log show any errors?

First time using Kodi, I ended up figuring it out. I wanted to install it on my MacBook Pro and can't configure the add on? It's the latest download of Kodi.

You installed the addon repo, now you have to install the addon itself.

Copy that. Got it installed and working. Is there a reason the channel numbering is different from what is in my current guide?

Disregard. So sorry for all of the issues that I can find myself lol. Here is where you need to go if you are trying to get the channels order right in kodi. PVR Settings>General>Use channels numbers from backend.

@tmm1
Can imports show up in Kodi through the add-on? Not a big deal, just checking. I have a few videos that don't fall under TV, Movies, or Music Video's. They might fit nicely under imports/videos if that's an option?

Not sure what you mean.