Kodi Add-on

If I add a video to imports, can they show up in recordings in Kodi using the add-on? Not a big deal, just checking.

1 Like

As far as I know it shows up.

I don't see it. It would be nice if it was under Recordings and then under Videos. Like where movies show up under Recordings and then under Movies.

If you import a movie, does it show up in Kodi?

Are you saying nothing imported shows up at all. Or only imported videos don't show up.

My movie reference had nothing to do with imports, only location of standard recorded movies.

I haven't tested my own location of imported movies, tv shows, or videos. I only added a folder of videos into the supplied Videos folder under imports.

I will try the other scenarios to see if any show up under Recordings. Thanks a lot.

I created 3 new folders, TV DVR, Movies DVR and Videos DVR. I then added a tv show, movie, and videos to the new corresponding folders.

I also put a movie and a tv show into the correct imports folder, to go along with the videos I had mentioned previously.

They all show up as expected in the Web interface!
None show up in the Recordings folder in Kodi with the Channels DVR add-on:(

1 Like

Thanks for testing, I understand now what the issue is.

2 Likes

Is there any way to get the addon to work with a remote server?

Kodi with the Channels add-on doesn't need to be on the same machine as the Channels server.

1 Like

@Channels2021 What about a remote server on a different network? I can get it to work fine when the server is on a different machine but on the same network, however trying to use a server on a different network has not worked for me. Is there anything special I need to do?

Sorry, I haven't checked that.

Can any of the addon developers answer? :pray:

Does this Channels add-on work with Kodi 20.0, Nexus?

Tried this didn't work
I am testing a new way to install and update the Kodi Addon. Setup repository click Settings > File manager > Add source click and enter https://kodi.getchannels.com enter channels-kodi for name, then hit OK to save Install repository click Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip fil…

Tried Lunatixz channels DVR Crashed Kodi

What's my next option?

The addon does not support remote access. You would need to setup Tailscale on your server and on the kodi client device, then use the tailscale IP of your DVR to be able to connect.

Note that it also doesn't support transcoding, so you would need plenty of bandwidth to be able to watch at original quality from the remote location.

1 Like

Hi
Can we expect an update of addon to work with kodi 20 nexus?
Kodi 20 nexus its already on RC2.

Thank you

1 Like

Have you tried them yet?

Support for Kodi Nexus has been added to the our official repository.

3 Likes

Is anyone running Channels add-on, on Nexus (Kodi 20)?

The transition to Nexus didn't keep the Channels add-on. The Channels add-on Repo is still there but is blank. Fancy Bits LLC - 1.2.0.

Edit...Right clicked and "checking for add-on updates" and it stays at 0%. Not sure how to start from scratch without deleting my Kodi folder?

1 Like