Kodi disconnect stream on sleep

So my wife continuously forgets to exit from a channel she is watching and just turns off the television. So the channel runs all day. I would like to suggest a configurable inactivity timer that can be set to close a channel after X hours. PS Vue had that as did Layer 3 TV, both of which streamed via the Internet. WMC in Kodi also had that as an option. While I have unlimited data, so it is not a big issue, not everyone does.

Rob

If this happens I would like a option for this at the DVR and not just the clients. I have 8 and all watch TVE and LOCAST via the DVR.

Which device are you running Channels on?

The primary is a PC running Kodi 18.4 with the Channels add-on. Channels DVR is on a Windows PC as well. We also have a couple Nvidia Shields, one is running Kodi, the other is Running the Channels App.

Rob

The Channels app should notice when the TV is turned off and disconnect the stream. Is that not happening?

It may, but the channels app is not used much. Primary home theater is the PC with Kodi and the others are very secondary. Not that there is anything wrong with the app, I am just very heavily invested in Kodi and its UI. For example, wife watched Fox this morning at 5am, still connected....

Rob

A Kodi Services add-on exists for this already called " Sleepy Watchdog "

Sleepy Watchdog

If it is an approved app for Kodi 18, I'll take a peek at it. I would need to to track action and if there are no inputs for xxx minutes, give a warning and if nothing, shut down the stream without shutting down Kodi.

Thanks for the tip.

That’s going to be up to Kodi, not the Channels plug in.

Sleepy Watchdog is doing exactly what I need...

Thanks!

Rob

Your Welcome :slight_smile: