Kodi Nexus

Not really a feature request. More of a question.

Will this be compatible with Kodi Nexus at some point.

I came here to ask this. The add-on works great with 19.4. I saw that PlexKodiConnect was updated for Nexus, so I am wondering if the Channels add-on has been or needs to be updated?

I did see a few upgrades to Nexus that includes PVR functions like commercial skipping, and a few others that look interesting.

We are working on updates to support Nexus. Note that Nexus is not yet released.

If you want to try it, let me know what device/platform/build you need and I will post it here to test.

Kodi Nexus compatible add-on for testing:

EDIT: Tested and it is not working correctly yet. I think we have to make more changes for Nexus compatibility.

Thanks for the response. I will wait until it's ready. I'm not tech savy enough to test out new add-ons. Maybe someone else will come along and test it. I tried Nexus and ended up switching back to Matrix. I'll wait until everything is completed including Nexus.

I just tried the Windows 64 bit addon for Nexus.

The basics seem fine in that I get a guide and can watch TV.

I can test out other features and also can test on Android and Linux.

Thanks for the work on this!

1 Like

This has been fully implemented now. The official kodi install instructions will work with Nexus now.

If you experience crashes, it's due to a bug in Nexus RC2 and you will have to wait for RC3/Final or use a nightly build.

1 Like

Hi all, new guy here. Just wanted to say our channels dvr server and kodi test client machine are working just fine so far.

I installed a fresh Kodi/LibreELEC on a minipc a few weeks ago, but was totally new to kodi, and of course, managed to mess things up while tinkering. I just did a hard reset (wipes to fresh install), and was pleased to see there is a new channels dvr addon for kodi, and it works great! (so far, still testing).

LibreELEC official 11.0.0 (latest) on x86/Intel
added channels dvr addon repo "kodi.getchannels.com" and installed client version 2023.02.24.1641 (latest)

Immediately started working, but no channel guide info. Waited a few, then reboot, guide now fully populated. I love how fast channels change, just as fast as our Spectrum cable boxes were, but without the errors LOL (spectrum guide failed a lot)

Anyways, thanks for the brilliant server and client :slight_smile: happy to be here. I'll be adding emby addon(s) to access our movies/tvshows on our emby server, and maybe a few other tweaks, but will try to keep it as clean as possible. Still need to find a good RF remote that has programmable buttons for things like "guide" and "recordings" but no netflix button!