KTLA 5 News

Not really sure what you mean. As you know you have your DVR Sources that have a particular order. My OTA is last since it only has those channels not used by any of my other Sources.

TVE Channels "only" show up in TVE Login Sources. Not with HDHomerun's.

On your client you also have all of the Sources and each client can have it's own Source order.

Anyway, I have 2 DVR's and 8 Apple TV's (seldom use my iPad's or iPhones for this but have in the past). I have not problems getting everything on all of my clients. I add my source order the same for all of my clients but that is my choice. If you are using a client with the NEW SORT ORDER maybe you are using NAME ORDER instead of Channel Number Order which would mean it is under LA-KTLA5 for now.

Status of KTLA for me:

Being a native Angeleno, I’d LOVE to see KTLA...but I currently reside in SWFL.

It is listed as available in both of my TVE sources - Xfinity and YouTube TV...however no guide ever appears (even just News). Logo doesn’t even appear in Channels Guide.

Only area I see Logo is in TVE source detail page.

@DebbieFL I was told by @tmm1 that the next ATV Beta will looks nicer. I take that to mean it will have a better ICON. Also, it would be renamed in the ATV Beta Client to drop the LA- part of the name so the sort works better. I have not received that new Beta yet. Not sure how that would affect other clients.

So for now on the ATV Beta I see this:

Guide Data. KTLA 5 (as the channel name) then on the right in the detail is just says LA-KTLA 5. I just click on that to watch the channel.

On Now. It has kind of a standard logo. Not like the real KTLA 5 logo which I expect to change in the future. But to watch the channel I just click on it. I also made it a favorite and organize next to the OTA KTLA 5.

And to be clear there is NO GUID DATA. It is simply 24 hour News. Not the same as the OTA KTLA which is 80% News and some other shows which require Guide data.

Now if you are talking ONLY about the DVR that is different. I personally don't care about that since I do not use to watch shows.

BTW.. This is exactly the same for these:
6970 NY-CBSNEWS
6972 LA-CBSNEWS
6973 LA-KTLA

OH. In the DVR you can EDIT the source like any other channel and go to the bottom. Do you see the CHECK MARK? If not you need to RESCAN them like any other channel.

1 Like

Thanks, but all IS setup as you state on my Channels DVR.

@tmm1

While you are poking around (SSH) on my setup for the other problem, could you kindly check this out for me?

TIA

Hopefully @tmm1 can help out. It works very nice and once you get it you will probably like it since you are a KTLA 5 fan. BTW... I my daughter in law is using the standard ATV DVR App. Not the beta. I also have both the ATV DVR Beta and normal ATV App and both work the same. So maybe does not matter about the ATV App except for the New Sort and the soon to be release update to these channels (rename and icon).

The web UI didn't show channels missing guide data. This has been fixed in v2019.08.15.0007

This bug only affected Android clients, and should also be fixed with v2019.08.15.0007. LMK if it works or not. (I cannot test here since I don't have KTLA OTA).

See my PM to you...posted 2-3 minutes ago.

So the bug was in the server, not the client? Interesting, but makes sense because I noticed it on both the FireTV and iOS clients.

I'll have to check this out tomorrow, since I have to wait a bit to update the server. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you for the explanation. This makes sense now. I'm just running the "stable" version, so I guess I'll have to wait until the next Stable version before these show up, In hindsight I wish I'd downloaded the pre-release version now before TVE hit stable.

Worked for me with new version. Thanks for adding. Viewing KTLA Live is a great bonus for us native Angelenos.

Success with @tmm1 addition on newest version. Fantastic!.

BTW: Now, I’ll have to monitor my data usage. :joy:

Just checked with 2019.08.15.0159 and FireTV 2.1.10, and the guide issue has indeed been fixed.

Thanks for all of the awesome work, Aman and team!

2 Likes

Great!

Hm I didn't think iOS was affected. Is it fixed there now too?

On 3.2.25 on iOS it is indeed fixed, too. (At least it is on my phone. I haven't checked the iPad where I first noticed that the channel guide wasn't listed.)

I'll call this bug squashed. Thanks.

1 Like

See my post above...works for me on iPad. 99% of time I test and comm with iPad.

I'm not sure if it is possible given your setup, but because the channels like KTLA News/CBSN NY/CBSN LA/NBC News, etc don't really have guide data to pull from would it be possible to divide the channels into generic 1 hour segments in the guide so that it would be possible for Channels to record them at least? 12:00am-1:00am would be KTLA News, then 1:00am-2:00am would be KTLA News similar to how some stations do large blocks of "OFF AIR" time? Then at least if you were a frequent viewer and knew the news came on at 6pm for example you could set that block of time to record.

1 Like

This indeed would be great as some other channels as well (CBSN, CBS Sports HQ, Etc.) have 4hr+ blocks of continuous live streams. If we could some how manual DVR 1 hour or 30 mins blocks.

I was just wondering if they could create a DVR:X-TVE-NOGUIDE FILE that they load as concat to the DVR: X-TVE guide data. Then they could populate it with actual guide data that would make rest of programming easier? Or something like that. Maybe not a real file but just code that does the same thing.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Web Player won't work over HTTPS on local IP