"last channel" issues on latest beta on tivo?

anyone else having issues on the ts4k with the last channel command (double click pause)? it's crashing the app for me pretty much every time...haven't noticed it yet on the chromecast i have upstairs, i'll double check that this afternoon, but on the ts4k it's definitely crashing it every single time i use it.

This issue happens on all platforms. Suggest using the Quick Guide

Can I get some crash diagnostics?

that's what i've been using as a workaround, but i have definitely used it in the past without it crashing the entire app...so this is definitely something that has changed at some point.

sure. just crash or anything else too?

just sent all four options in the app (not sure if they do anything different but wanted to be sure to get you what you need). that last time i did it was a little different (because of course it was)...that time i had to flip back and forth a few times in quick succession to get it to crash. when i would jump back initially, the channel would change and the buffer bar and channel at the top would stay on screen for several seconds, video would get choppy and then eventually seem to stabilize (and the on screen display would go away). after a few jumps, then it crashed.

previously it had been crashing on the first jump.

It crashes my app on Fire TV 4K, Tivo Streaming Device, and Fire TV Cube. Sometimes it works 1 to 2 times but after the second the app crashes. Even after a few minutes have elapsed between the try's. I haven't used the feature in a while but when I return home tonight I'll will use it and send crash diagnostics.

1 Like

Are you doing this with the tivo remote? Trying to figure out how to reproduce..

nope, harmony. should be the same though, i'm just double-clicking pause...i have a sequence set up in the harmony hub to do it with a single press too, but they both do the same thing. the sequence just literally hits pause twice in quick succession, it just maps it to a single button press.

same thing is happening on my chromecast, btw. just checked.

I tried a bunch of times with the SHIELD and couldn't make it happen. Very strange.

could the fact I am doing it on custom m3u channels have anything to do with it? was trying to flip back and forth between games while testing my mlb thing...

just had this happen again with just a channel up, not even using last channel. channel number changes have been fine, but it just crashed when i tried to just do a channel up. submitted crash diagnostics.