Left or Right from favorites guide while on Record

Hi,
I have found that I accidentally swipe down too much when looking at the favorites guide. This places focus on the record button. I then try to swipe left or right to scroll through the channels and nothing happens. It normally takes a few seconds before I figure out that I have accidentally scrolled down to the record button.

The request is that when I try to scroll left or right from the record button the UI knows to put the focus on the channels again and allows me to scroll.

I am not sure I described this well enough but I assume others have the same issue as me.

Thanks

I don’t have this issue, as I think it is pretty easy to scroll favorites. But I think that your suggestion could have horrible unintended consequences, resulting in the unintentional recording of channels that you were just trying to switch to. And locking up tuners and preventing scheduled programs from being recorded.

I think maybe I didn’t describe my request well enough if you think that it would result in extra recordings. I will try one more time but in a more descriptive manner.

Scenario today

1. Watching live tv
    2 swipe down to bring up the favorites.
    3 unfortunately the swipe down brings me to the record button
  2. To scroll through the channels I now need to swipe up to gain focus on the channel bar
  3. Swipe right or left to scroll through the channels

All I am asking is that step 4 goes away and when on the record button and a swipe left or right occurs the UI would allow scrolling through the channels. To be clear I would not like it to remain on the record button but rather the channel selection part.

I agree this is frustrating. Unfortunately tvOS does not give us a lot of flexibility with what’s possible using focus engine. I’ll do some research to see what’s possible in this case.

1 Like