Library Collections

Will Library collections be coming to android in future updates?

Yes

Excellent! Thanks

Available in beta now.

2 Likes

Just found that I can add Channels to my Kids Fire, no sidelining required, which is excellent. However the one thing I don't see able to do is see Library Collections.They have Channels DVR 4.6.3 on their tablets, I am up to date on the server app running on my Synology NAS, however I am unable to even select Collections in the Client Settings. I have enabled Library for Main Navigation but they only see TV Shows and Movies in the menu, not Library so can't get to Collections. I have tried turning on and off both Kids Mode and Kiosk Mode, neither of which make a difference. Have I missed something? Thank you.

Do you mean Kids Only Mode?

The library section isn’t shown in this mode. But movie and tv collections are shown in their respective sections.

Be sure you have the collections’ Library Visibility set to Kids or Both so they show up.

Hi, sorry it's been a while replying, especially as you respond so promptly, but been a little busy my end.
Thanks for the info, I've updated the client to 4.6.5, and yet can't see the collection in the Movies section. I can only see the individual movies if they are individual set to Kid or Both. Am I missing something?

I have started having the same issue this past week or so. My collections are all still setup in the server correctly and I have made no changes recently. From both the Library and Collections navigation menu on the clients. The Library Collection is blank. It only displays Movies and Tv Shows selections at the top. But also I'm unable to cycle the menu from Movies to Tv Shows. It is like its frozen.
I'm running Channels from Tivo Stream. Yesterday I went ahead and updated both server and client versions. But issue is still there.

please submit diagnostics from your Channels DVR Server web admin.

Logs have been submitted as 4a05b618-08b8-4be3-9dd6-e279be703c07 .

Thanks

1 Like

Please describe exactly what the issue is in more detail.

Please describe what you expect to happen (include the exact names of which collection), and then what is actually happening.

Sure, I will give it a go.

Running Channels on my Synology NAS, clients currently consist of two AppleTVs, two iPads, two iPhones, two Amazon Fire Tablets. Everything is running fine.

Specifically the two Fire Tablets are running Amazon for Kids, unsurprisingly for our two kids, and I have set these to Kiosk Mode and Kids Only Mode. In this case I understand the Library option is not visible in the menu, therefore can't access collections that way.

However when I go into either Movies or TV Shows I see the individual items but no collection. Changing the setting on the Collection in Settings makes no difference, only changing the setting on the individual film.

I was hoping I could make various film collections available to them on their tablets. If it's me let me know :slight_smile:

Please define "items" in this context.

Please define "setting" in this context. What setting?

Maybe just post some screenshots of what you're seeing.

Change the library visibility setting between Library, Kids, or both.

By items I mean films or TV show episodes.

So,

When the app is set to Kids Only Mode

• Movie Collections with Library Visibility set to kids or both, do not show in the Movies section
  • TV Collections with Library Visibility set to kids or both, do not show in the TV Shows section

Correct. Note it is also set to Kiosk Mode.

I can do some testing over the weekend to see which settings make a difference.