Library List View

Is there any way yet to browse my library in a list view? I find the image tiles completely overwhelming when I'm looking for something. Once I click into a folder for a series, the list view there is beautiful! Something like that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Move this over to the Feature Request area and people can vote for it!

Done, now get your voting on!

Are there any voting restrictions? Do we really just want to let "anyone" vote. I mean come on. . . have you meet me?

You have already stated you vote for everything regardless of whether you agree with the idea or not, but rather for the sole purpose of being annoying. I don't think think you need to make the same statement on every post you can vote on.

Voted. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please bring this to Channels: Vote for list view in Library. Something so basic and yet so useful

As someone who's been developing some really great and useful software for over 40 years, I'm just flabbergasted that this isn't an obvious feature to folks. When I go shopping, I don't take a bunch of pictures of what I want to buy, I bring a list, because it's really hard to beat an ordered list when it comes to pure information. If that list had thumbnail images, it would be even better.

In my Mac's Finder, I can view by icon, list, or column. I can't imagine what it would be like if the only view I had on my machine was icon view, which is roughly analogous to what we have here.

I know there are exceptions to this, but those exceptions are mostly covered by Channels' existing grid views. And yes, image grids are gorgeous, but this is basic navigation which should be flexible, and it's a problem that was solved many years ago.

Thanks.