Library recordings not playing

I just re-imported my library, these are a mixture of recordings plus DVDs previously ripped. They used to play ok.

They are listed with a duration of -26483313 minutes or similar or sometimes 0 mins and won't play. Library is on an external HD connected to a Synology server

Help!

Please submit diagnostics from your Channels DVR Server web admin and let us know when you have.

Done, thanks

d0749dc5-b0bd-4e1d-8c50-39be5bda2075

Any ideas?

What happens when you try to play one using the DVR web UI. Any errors display or errors in the DVR log?

"[HLS] Couldn't generate master playlist: Couldn't probe recording"

DVR log may show why Channels DVR can't access the recording file.
Maybe a path or permission issue.
If you're running on DSM7 you need to make sure the system internal user channels has at least read permission to the full path of your import directories.

Thanks. Sorry been busy. They did work before but I had a crash and had to read them in again. Cannot see anything wrong in permissions but stuff I recorded with Channels works where as DVD rips, downloads etc do not. So may be something to do with file format or indeed permissions. May have to give up and use Plex for this purpose

Upgrade DVR to prerelease, then try again and resubmit diagnostics.

Thanks, done

bb783d5e-c0e1-4158-9416-2f5081aae564

Okay I see a proper error now:

2021/10/18 13:37:52.926081 [HLS] Couldn't generate master playlist: Couldn't read duration for: /volumeUSB1/usbshare1-2/Channels/Movies/WINGSPAN.m4v

Can you find that imported movie on the DVR web UI, then click View Details and screenshot what is shown?

It seems to be in some format the DVR doesn't understand.

Can you screenshot what mediainfo shows for the same file?

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Thanks for help, will do that when I get a chance

Sorry, life got in the way

From this screenshot it looks like you've changed the location of the USB drive.

Please go to Local Content in your DVR settings and remove /volumeUSB1/usbshare1-2/Channels/Movies and /volumeUSB1/usbshare1-2/Channels/TV and add the new location.

No, that's just a copy of the file in another location