LibreSpeed - your own speed test server

This seems to work very well and easy.
For some reason, I can not get LibreSpeed to work anymore, just says, LibreSpeed Example. No server available,...gave up trying to get it to work.

This OpenSpeedTest works first launch.
speeeed

http://Apple.tv.ip:57000/speedtest

Thats the CHANNELS DVR speedtest. NOT this OpenSpeedTest.

That runs speedtest to and from the client device to the cdvr server, not to the internet WAN or to the device you are accessing it from, nor a local server on a differnt ip address.

Correct. Never said it wasn’t.

1 Like

yes pretty much did, you posted a screen shot of the speedtest that is being talked about in this thread, OpenSpeedTest and said " This is my go-to quick test docker container on Unraid..... screenshot... I use :8089/speedtest every now and then from each AppleTV client." in the same post.

Er go, you are talking about the speedtest you posted about....u not clear differentiate you were talking about a different speedtest in the bottom part of your post. I see what u meant now, but was not clear. And has nothing to do with this thread on a different speedtest application, hence the confusion.

Yes, the screenshot from the text above, not below. I was also simply stating another speedtest I do. Sorry it was not perfectly clear to you. Thanks for letting me know I'm not allowed to add that information. Geesh. Can't contribute without getting crapped on by a few certain people in this forum.

Just pointing out that the confusion with your post.
It implies you also use OpenSpeedTest on the Apple Tv at the url u listed, which i would like to do.
But i see no Open SpeedTest app to install on tvOS.
The url did not work.

Then i remembered Channels DVR app as a built in hidden speed test, that works only when app is open, and then it worked to view that speedtest. And that is what you were referencing.
A missing context somewhat outside the topic of a independent run-your-own speedtest server application that this thread and posts are about :wink:

Maybe one compile OpenSpeedTest to a tvOS app so that people can test their speed from ATV to their own home run test server?

Of course you are😒

The confusion might be because this feature is undocumented. I did two scans of my ATV, with and without the Channels app running and there are two extra ports open - 57000 and 58000. So far we know about the /speedtest on port 57000.

How can I test the network speed at my TV?

Is this the only URL? What about port 58000?