List upcoming Shows by selecting Channel

Hello,

While in the Guide, is there a way to select the Channel number to get a listing of upcoming shows on that particular channel rather than having to scroll right?

Thanks in advance!

What device/platform are you trying to do this on?

Channels v4.5.12

Apple TV 4K

tvOS 15.0

This feature is present in the Apple TV beta app which you can get on getchannels.com/beta

Ok, thanks for the info. Do I need to also update my Windows Channels DVR server to the beta version?

Yes, you would.

Hey Channels team,

Is it possible to add a setting to turn this feature off so you can revert to the previous guide navigation? Before this feature was added, I quite liked being able to quickly start watching a channel by clicking on the channel logo. Now it requires a minimum of 2 taps to actually start watching a channel from within the guide. Previously it was just 1 tap.

It doesn’t sound like much of a difference, but it does create some friction in the flow from a UX perspective.

The current implementation actually makes it kinda difficult to start watching a channel when you’re looking further ahead in the guide too. You have to scroll all the way back to the start of the guide and select the current show to start watching the channel. Or you have to switch into the On Now section, select the show then press Watch. Either way, it takes far too many taps/swipes/button presses just to start watching a live channel.

Perhaps when this setting is turned off, you could implement the long press menu on the channel logo itself to bring up the Upcoming Shows option? That way you can still access this feature if you really want to, but it’s not the default.

Thanks

1 Like

This is a feature I've missed tremendously on Channels DVR. With our TiVos I use this feature everyday to see what will be airing when throughout the day on any particular channels. I also used this a lot in Windows Media Center, but have been looking for a way to do this in Channels DVR from the beginning of using it. If some don't like this behavior is there any way to provide this option as a user setting?

Thanks!