Live Local CBS Using CBS All Access

CBS is the only missing major network via TV Everywhere. Can we add CBS All Access as another provider under the TVE source?

You can actually watch it on a web browser if you subscribe to CBS All Access by using the url,

I think that's one of the criteria for adding it to TVE.

CBS All Access isn't listed on the CBS TVEverywhere login page.

That's the whole point. I was asking if the developers can add CBS All Access to the TVE login page. So one can add a cable provider and then also login into their CBS All Access account.

What they are saying is that you can’t go to the CBS website and stream your local CBS station with CBS All Access credentials. That is what would be needed for Channels to do it. Unless I’m misunderstanding something.

When I made the original post about 15 mins ago, I entered a url link but it then turned into the CBS logo and such. Here is the url link again but I inserted a space after the first "w".

https://w ww.cbs.com/all-access/live-tv/

If you use the url above (w/o the space obviously) you can watch your local CBS station if you subscribe to CBS All Access.

The point is that is using CBS All Access credentials, not TV Everywhere credentials. That's like trying to buy something at Macy's with your Nordstrom charge card. They are two separate systems.

CBS has chosen to refrain from participating in the TV Everywhere single sign-on ecosystem, and instead has chosen to solely use their own All Access streaming service.

(NBCUniversal may go the same route and withdraw from TV Everywhere when they launch their Peacock streaming service later this year.)

I do know that CBS opted out of TVE and launched All Access in order to generate more revenue. So let me rephrase my original question.

Instead of lumping All Access within TVE, create a new & separate source similar to Locast. This will allow your users the ability to have all four major networks within your app instead of using an extra app to access their local CBS station. And this can be expanded to NBC, as you mentioned, if they also decide to opt out of TVE.

I think the whole point of the Channels app is provide a one stop shop tv viewing & recording experience. Right now, if you couldn't get an OTA feed, the only other option is to add Locast (and only for users lucky enough to be located within their 17 cities) and donate another $5 per month. But for someone who's already paying $5.99 or $9.99 for CBS All Access, that's a little too much.

2 Likes

Cant happen. as stated here:
" CBS: Not supported. Local CBS stations are not available through just TV Everywhere login, because CBS wants you to use CBS All Access."