Live TV got HTTP response code 404

I just discovered channels and got it set up with my HDHR.

I'm having a couple of issues. The first one is with live TV.

Live TV works fine on the web UI (including using the web UI on my iPhone) and on my NVIDIA Shield app. On the iOS app I get http response code 404 for every channel. Playing back recorded TV works on the iPhone.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

1 Like

Just sent.

First time I tried it the app crashed. 2nd time it worked. But let me know if it’s missing all the details.

Also every time I launch the iOS app I have to refresh source to get the channels to show up.

Thanks,

What do you mean by “refresh source”?

Every time the app launches:

It appears you somehow manually added your DVR IP as an HDHR.

I can’t remember if there’s an easy way to remove a manually added HDHR. It might be easiest to delete the app and re-download it. Sorry about that.

Maybe this ....

c:\curl>curl -XDELETE http://yourip:8089/devices?ip=10.0.0.111

That won't delete it if it's added from the app.

1 Like

Deleted the app, restarted my iPhone for good measure.

Reinstalled the app same error. Recorded TV works fine.

Just for fun, if I connect over my VPN. First time, I got a new error: The Channels DVR Server has a problem. Press play to try again (Transcoder). On the 2nd try the stream started working over my VPN. Subsequent tried over VPN seem to work fine.

If I switch back to WiFi no luck, same 404 error.

Please submit diagnostics from the app again.

Looking at your DVR diagnostics I noticed your HDHomeRun is labeled "fHDHR ceton" which appears to be emulating an HDHomeRun. We have put a large amount of energy into making sure that our system works very well with actual HDHomeRun hardware, but we do not support emulated HDHomeRun devices and trying to use them has been known to cause many issues.

Instead, we provide support for Custom Channels directly. You can read more about it here: